A well-designed oven serves the needs of chefs, cooks, and bakers alike. But what if you can’t afford both an oven and a microwave? Microwaves are great for reheating leftovers or making quick meals, but they don’t do much else. If you’re looking for one appliance that does it all then check out this best wall oven microwave combo. The kitchen will never be the same again!
This article will explore the best wall oven microwave combo that is worth your time and money. It will cover what to look for, how to choose a model, and much more. We’ll also provide you with an easy-to-use table of our top recommendations as well as a list of frequently asked questions about this topic. By the end of this post, you’ll know all about wall ovens microwaves combos from A to Z!
- What is the Wall Oven Microwave Combo?
- Type of Wall Oven Microwave Combo
- Benefits of having a Wall Oven Microwave Combo
- List of 8 Best Wall Oven Microwave Combos Reviews
- 1. Frigidaire FGMC2766UF 27 Inch Gallery Series Electric Microwave Wall Oven Combo
- 2. GE JK3800SHSS Combination Wall Oven
- 3. Bosch S800 Wall Oven Microwave Combo
- 4. Cafe CSB912P2NS1 Smart Electric Wall Oven and Microwave Combo
- 5. Electrolux ICON(R) E30MC75PPS 30” Microwave Combination Oven
- 6. Jenn-Air JMW2430DS 30″ Stainless Microwave Wall Oven w/Convection
- 7. Thermador PODM301J 30-inch Professional Series Combination Oven
- 8. GE PT9800SHSS Combination Wall Oven
- How do I Pick Out My Perfect Wall Oven Microwave Combo?
- How to Install Wall Oven Microwave in Cabinet
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Wall Oven Microwave Combo?
Wall oven microwave combos are a combination of a wall oven and a microwave. It can be considered as the latest technology in home appliances that allow you to have two appliances in one package. The price is likewise cheaper than having two different units installed side by side on your kitchen countertop; it just requires installing only 1 hole on the wall. This makes the process of installation easier and less time-consuming.
The wall oven microwave combo is available in different configurations to meet your specific needs: single or double oven units, wall units with single or double microwaves and even a triple combination of a wall oven unit, a single microwave, and a side by side refrigerator unit for added convenience on small kitchens or galley-style kitchens. You can choose from models that have convection cooking capabilities to increase the speed of heat transfer within the oven chamber ensuring you get uniform results every time you cook your favorite dishes.
Type of Wall Oven Microwave Combo
There are several different configurations: Single or double oven units, wall units with single or double microwaves, and even a triple combination of a wall oven unit, a single microwave, and a side-by-side refrigerator unit for added convenience on small kitchens or galley-style kitchens. You can choose from models that have convection cooking capabilities to increase the speed of heat transfer within the oven chamber ensuring you get uniform results every time you cook your favorite dishes.
A convection oven is an oven that fans in it that circulate air around the oven cavity to more evenly distribute the heat in the oven.
A microwave drawer is a smaller version of a built-in wall oven and microwave combination. They are both very similar but one difference between them is that the microwaves drawers usually have less space for cooking as some can only fit up to dinner plates while the regular wall ovens are bigger and hold up to 14″ dinner plates. Some people prefer this type because they take up less countertop space but at times it makes cleaning behind them slightly difficult as cabinets panels need to be removed which is something you don’t want your guests seeing when they come over!
Wall Oven Microwave Combination
Wall oven microwave combination takes up more countertop space than a wall oven microwave drawer but it still saves you from buying two separate units. Most of these models have the same features as a regular wall oven and microwaves do with one difference; customization! You can choose from different colors, handles trims, and finishes to really give your kitchen a whole new look that will impress your guests every time they come over.
Microwave/Wall Oven Combo
A combination unit that gives you more versatility in the cooking element that you want to use for your cooking needs whether it’s just conventional microwaving or traditional heating like roasting some tasty chicken pieces. Some models come in double cavity configurations allowing you to cook different dishes on each side at the same time so cleanup is quick and easy.
Double door wall ovens feature 2 separate doors that can be opened independently which gives you a great deal of flexibility when it comes to loading and unloading your dishes without having to have someone help you do it!
Single door wall oven models open up like a regular cabinet with just one door that opens and closes in front of the unit. These are usually the most common types found in homes as they give kitchen designers more options for their designs especially on smaller kitchens with less countertop space!
Choosing between all these features will depend on what your needs are so take it upon yourself to assess your cooking needs before looking into buying a particular brand or model, now it’s time to make a choice!
Benefits of having a Wall Oven Microwave Combo
Faster cooking times
Having both conventional oven and microwave functions incorporated into one unit means you save on time spent waiting for dishes to cook completely. The ability to use convection cooking speeds up the process so you can enjoy quick meals after a busy day at work, freeing up more family time for recreation and relaxation. It’s also simpler to prepare baked goods, pastries, and casseroles using this type of appliance as the food cook evenly throughout its interior parts giving you perfect results every time you cook.
Saving countertop space
If your kitchen is not equipped with enough countertop space for two separate appliances such as an oven and a microwave, then you should consider getting a Wall Oven Microwave combo. It saves on the countertop space, giving you more room to work within your kitchen.
Easy storage of dishes
Some units feature a storage drawer that can be used to store dishware while cooking; this is useful especially when there are children in the house. You don’t have to worry about moving your glassware from shelves or wherever they are placed before starting to cook, just relax and let the unit do its magic as it cooks within minutes time after which you can serve delicious hot meals or baked dishes without having that icky feeling that most of us get when food remains unfinished.
Easy to clean
Most models come with smooth surfaces and generous storage compartments that make it easy and convenient for you to keep the unit in immaculate condition all the time. Your glass door interiors are just a matter of minutes to wipe down after being exposed to steam while cooking, preventing stains from setting on this area making them easier to clean in future uses. A self-cleaning option is also available on some models especially those used over an electric cooktop or stove.
These appliances have high power ratings so that they can efficiently heat up food within the shortest possible time without increasing your electricity bill significantly. You save more money using this type of appliance rather than having two units taking up much-needed space on your kitchen countertop.
While cooking using conventional ovens, you have to deal with hot surfaces which can cause serious burns if a child accidentally touches them; this can be prevented by having your kid stay away from the kitchen when food is being prepared and cooked. Also, most units are designed with child-proof safety locks that prevent children from messing around with buttons or controls thus adding more security in keeping everyone safe as they cook.
List of 8 Best Wall Oven Microwave Combos Reviews
1. Frigidaire FGMC2766UF 27 Inch Gallery Series Electric Microwave Wall Oven Combo
- The Frigidaire 27 inch combination oven has the reliability and efficiency of a large conventional wall oven as well as a compact microwave. With its four quartz halogen cooktop elements, this microwave combo is perfect for any kitchen.
- This combo also boasts convection cooking which eliminates hot spots and delivers even baking results. The interior racks can be installed at different heights to suit specific needs and the upper and lower color-coated tempered glass shelves offer an abundance of presentation space in your kitchen.
- The Frigidaire FGMC2766UF 27 Inch Gallery Series Wall Oven Microwave Combo technology for half the clean-up time, 2.0-cubic-foot capacity microwave with 30-minute self Steam Clean option, and Sabbath Mode (Star-K Certified).
2. GE JK3800SHSS Combination Wall Oven
- GE JK3800SHSS Combination Wall Ovens make cooking for the family easier than ever. With a touch screen display, you can switch between convection and conventional baking at will with preset temperature settings to make your food turn out perfectly every time.
- With this wall oven microwave combo timer and scheduling features, all you need is groceries and fresh ideas to create an incredible meal that’s ready when everyone arrives.
- Whether it be for baking or toasting that many-hour meal, GE’s control lock features help keep your family safe from accidental burns. The GE also can delay starting up to 18 hours for convenience!
3. Bosch S800 Wall Oven Microwave Combo
- The Bosch S800 Wall Oven Microwave Combo is the perfect solution to maximize your space with a total of 6.2 cu. ft., an upper oven that fits 1.6 cu. ft., and a lower countertop 4.6 cu. ft.). The product installs flush with cabinetry, so each cabinet is maximized for you to use! This ensures that all food will come out evenly cooked every single time, not just on one side or done too quickly or slowly!
- With its patented QuietClose door shut system at over 65 DB quieter than most kitchens’ sound levels, you won’t be disturbed by annoying clanging doors constantly interrupting conversations within your home! The European-styled convection styling cooks food faster evenly improves.
- The Bosch S800 Wall Oven Microwave Combo is the perfect addition to your home. It’s got an upper oven that can reach temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and also features convection technology -so no pie or casserole will ever turn out without crispy browned goodness on top. The appliance also installs flush with cabinetry because you are worth it!
4. Cafe CSB912P2NS1 Smart Electric Wall Oven and Microwave Combo
- The Cafe CSB912P2NS1 smart electric wall oven microwave combo is fantastic at cooking a variety of foods in a large 1.7 cubic feet capacity! It offers convection cooking, broiling, and microwave cooking with over 175 preprogrammed menu options to choose from. Easy to use with both dials and glass touch controls that provide easy operation while speeding up the cooking process two- to four- times faster than a conventional oven!
- Now you can have convection cooking, broiling, and even microwave cooking all in a single unit. With so many preprogrammed menu options from quick dough baking to slow roasting, the only fussiness is deciding what to make first!
- Plus it’s easy as pie (or should we say pizza) because there are dials and touch glass controls that give you an open view to change our settings as needed with clever design layouts for simplicity of high efficiency. The 120V Speedcook Oven helps cook quality food two-four times faster than a conventional oven..
5. Electrolux ICON(R) E30MC75PPS 30” Microwave Combination Oven
- The Electrolux Icon E30MC75PPS Combination Microwave Oven provides a variety of heating options, convenient features, and spacious use. This oven is equipped with innovative enhancements that have been found to be most valuable for today’s family.
- The Smooth-Glide® Oven Racks make all the difference in cooking with the safe-lock mechanism preventing any droppings from dropping down. Alongside this, halogen lighting illuminates your food as it cooks evenly without glare common with other microwaves.
- In addition, six defrost functions and three reheat settings provide lots of different possibilities as well as an oven rack designed to fit a quarter sheet pan inside for more space when baking or roasting your dishes!
6. Jenn-Air JMW2430DS 30″ Stainless Microwave Wall Oven w/Convection
- This Jenn-Air JMW2430DS 30″ Stainless Microwave Wall Oven w/Convection is the best in class in microwaves and ovens. With four cooking modes including bake, roast, broil, and microwave, this convection oven goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to preparing perfect dishes.
- The sleek stainless steel exterior not only looks beautiful but also matches any kitchen decor while providing superior durability with a 10-year limited warranty on parts including paint from daily usage. Included is our easy install guide to get you started quickly so you can start whipping up that batch of brownies to recycle the holiday leftovers!
- Built with a 4.3-inch color LCD display, the whole family can cook faster and more efficiently thanks to this wall oven’s intuitive interface. The powerful convection system is great for making dishes of all kinds, from quick weeknight meals to company-special desserts – no need to settle on just one cooking technique when you have Jenn-Air’s MultiMode option.
7. Thermador PODM301J 30-inch Professional Series Combination Oven
- The Thermador PODM301J wall oven microwave combo does it all – baking, broiling, roasting, and more! Equipped with two telescopic racks that hold up to 45 pounds of food. And don’t worry about flavor transfer with True Convection cooking that distributes heat on multiple levels without the flavors mixing together.
- A best-in-class 12 professional cooking modes will have your kitchen fully equipped for any cuisine type while a timer offers delayed start cooking. Take full control of your preheat temperature with the CookControl temperature probe for precise cooking results every time.
- The precision convection means your food is cooked evenly throughout every inch for perfect results! All wrapped up in an eye-catching package complete with a “look at me” stainless steel exterior and touch screen HD display.
8. GE PT9800SHSS Combination Wall Oven
- The GE PT9800SHSS Combination Wall Oven is your one-stop solution for easily baking large and small dishes. Get perfect browning with two full-coverage elements, easy programming with an interactive touch screen, and steady temperatures with sensor cooking that auto-adjusts to match what you’re making.
- The SMART range from GE brings you exceptional cooking and seamless, hands-off convenience. Once programmed, the touchscreen lets you control every function right from your smartphone to send delicious food straight to where it needs to be (including a timer!).
- This sleek, kitchen-friendly oven has all the bells and whistles to keep us cooking smart. Cooking around the clock never felt so seamlessly united. The GE PT9800SHSS Combination Wall Oven can be controlled from anywhere with just a few taps of the smartphone, giving you endless ways to plan ahead.
How do I Pick Out My Perfect Wall Oven Microwave Combo?
Wall oven microwave combo units are usually available through your local appliance dealer or store, although shopping online has also become a common practice as people search for better deals and discounts. Some of the important factors you have to consider when picking out an oven microwave combo unit include:
The capacity of these wall ovens is measured in cubic feet (for larger space) or cubic meters (for small-sized kitchens). Make sure you take measurements of your kitchen space and the size of the oven that would best fit on the available countertop space in your house so that you get a unit that does not require much adjusting afterward.
Most brands offer different cooking modes to suit your specific needs, pick out a model with features suited for preparing all types of food including pizza, cookies, bread, and roasts. You can even find some units equipped with convection capabilities giving you more options when it comes to having perfectly cooked meals each time.
Installation is usually done by the appliance dealer or store where you bought the unit so make sure this service is included within the complete package after purchase. Some models require a heavy-duty electrical socket which can be costly to install but they are usually connected on gas stoves or cooktops.
Having child-proof safety locks prevent children from messing around with buttons or controls thus adding more security in keeping everyone safe as they cook.
Most wall microwave ovens have a standard rating as far as power consumption is concerned which means all units with 1,000 watts are supposed to consume the same amount of electrical energy when being used on a regular basis without any other appliances plugged into its power supply; however there are exceptions such as those models designed for commercial use that may work at fewer than the normal number of watts while still being able to handle large cookware; there are also smaller units designed for use in small kitchens or as secondary units.
Style and color
This is a matter of personal choice which means you can choose the unit that appeals most to your sense of style without affecting its performance level. Just make sure that it will blend in well with other appliances in the kitchen especially when used on an electric cooktop or stove. Here’s some additional information about wall oven microwave combos; they’re not just designed to help you save time, but money too!
Before hitting the stores, it would be best if you jotted down what you can afford to spend on this unit; do not go beyond that amount no matter how good the deal seems since some models are more expensive than others based on their features and performance capabilities. Work within your set budget and start checking out different brands that readily fit within your financial situation.
Warranty is important since there may be chances of defective products being delivered while installation could take some time thus warranting repairs; also look for extended coverage from the manufacturer to address problems that may arise after purchase.
How to Install Wall Oven Microwave in Cabinet
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are wall oven microwave combos for?
Older homes with small kitchens or galley-style kitchens. Newly renovated homes where your countertop space is limited and you want to have an option on your cooking needs. If you like to try new cooking methods other than just using a conventional oven and microwave (i.e convection oven) then this appliance will give you more options on your cooking needs, allowing you to try out various modern cooking techniques without breaking the bank buying different units which do the same thing!
2. How much does the wall oven microwave combo cost?
Wall oven microwave combos are generally more expensive than separate units. They come in different price points depending on their size, brand, and manufacturer. However, most of them can range between $1000 to $4000.
3. Which are the best-rated wall oven microwave combo brands?
In general, the best brands come from Whirlpool, GE, and Bosch; however, there are other quality brands out there that you might want to consider depending on your needs. Always check online for more detailed information about their units since some models or manufacturers offer different features on each model.
In this article, we have provided you with the best wall oven microwave combo that is worth your time and money. We covered what to look for in a model, how to choose one based on your needs, and much more! If you still have questions about these appliances or any other part of our blog post then please leave us a comment below. Our team will be happy to help answer them as quickly as possible so you can get back cooking up some delicious meals in no time!