Wall mount range hoods come in a variety of different sizes and styles. The most important thing to consider when purchasing one is the size of your kitchen, as well as what type of cooking you do. If you cook with gas or have an electric stove, then it’s best to purchase a wall mount range hood that has been designed for those types. Not only will they be able to take care of fumes from your cooking surface better than other models, but they’ll also be more efficient at sucking up grease and smoke particles into the filter system.
A wall mount range hood can be an attractive alternative to a standard ceiling-mounted unit, but they come with their own set of pros and cons. In this blog post, I will share some information about what you should know before deciding on the best wall mount range hood.
- What’s a Wall Mount Range Hood?
- Types of Wall Mount Range Hoods
- Benefits of Using Wall Mount Range Hoods
- List of 17 Best Wall Mount Range Hoods Reviews
- 1. Cosmo 63190 Wall Mount Range Hood
- 2. IKTCH 36-inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- 3. ZLINE ZLKB-30 KB-30 Wall Mounted Range Hood
- 4. Cosmo 668WRCS75 Wall Mount Range Hood
- 5. hOmeLabs 30 inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- 6. SNDOAS 30 inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- 7. Cavaliere SV218B2-30 Wall Mount Range Hood
- 8. EKON NAP04-36″ Wall Mount Range Hood
- 9. NT Air CH-105-CS Range Hood Wall Mounted
- 10. AKDY 217 CFM Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood
- 11. GASLAND Chef PR30BP Wall Mount Range Hood
- 12. Winflo Convertible Stainless Steel Wall Mount Range Hood
- 13. HisoHu A01-30″ Wall Mount Range Hood
- 14. Golden Vantage Wall Mount Range Hood
- 15. ZLINE KL2-30 Convertible Vent Wall Mount Range Hood
- 16. DKB Wall Mounted Range Hood
- 17. BROAN NuTone BW5030SSL Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood
- Best Wall Mount Range Hood Brands
- How to Choose the Best Wall Mount Range Hood
- How to Install a Wall Mount Range Hood
- Frequently Asked Questions
What’s a Wall Mount Range Hood?
A wall mount range hood is a style of the kitchen ventilation system. If your kitchen doesn’t have an overhead vent (often called a “vent hood”), you can install one on the wall by your stovetop. They’re also used to prevent heat, steam, and cooking smell from taking over your living space when you need them most.
A wall mount range hood has been specially designed to fit into small spaces and eliminate steam, grease, cooking odors, and smoke. Thanks to its hidden design, it gives you unobstructed access to your stovetop and makes it easy for you to clean up your messy kitchen after a good meal.
Types of Wall Mount Range Hoods
Just as with other types of ventilation systems, there are two different types of wall mount range hoods: external and internal.
External Wall Mount Range Hoods
If you want to install your ventilation system over the stove, an external wall-mounted range hood is what you need. What’s great about this type is that it can be installed at any height because its design does not take into account cabinetry, cabinets, or backsplashes.
Their main drawback is that they are not very efficient when used in combination with island stoves because their downward-facing venting system leaves a lot to be desired (not much heat will escape). This means such systems work best in tandem with traditional built-in ovens and cooktops. They require professional installation and usually come already assembled apart from their vent.
Another type of external wall mount range hood is the semi-flush mounted model, which has a smaller profile but still protrudes from the wall for easier access to cooking surfaces and cleaning your ventilation system.
Internal Wall Mount Range Hoods
An internal wall mount range hood sits closer to your stovetop and offers a more efficient venting solution than most external systems because its design takes into account cabinetry, cabinets, or backsplashes that can block airflow. This means they’re great if you want to install your ventilation system over the stove without having too much extra space in between. Also, what’s important is that they work best when installed during new construction projects or kitchen renovations because it will be hard to install one afterward (you would need to cut through your cabinetry).
Most internal range hoods come assembled and ready to be mounted. They also come with prepared wiring (electrical) and usually require the professional installation of vents and ducts. The more expensive models usually include a light, but if you want one with bright LED lighting, expect to pay between $150-$300 extra.
Benefits of Using Wall Mount Range Hoods
Wall exhaust range hoods are very popular at present. They have replaced the more traditional canopy of ceiling-mounted range hoods for several reasons. The most obvious is that they free up a valuable countertop or work surface space. In addition, wall-mounted range hoods can be a powerful ventilation system if you install them correctly. Here are some other benefits to using a wall mount range hood:
1. Space Management
A wall mount range hood takes advantage of wasted vertical space which is not being used efficiently in many modern kitchens. This type of installation may also free up kitchen flooring since it eliminates the need for an island or peninsula to support an overhead venting system. Wall mount fans and blowers come in a wide variety of sizes to meet the ventilation needs of any kitchen. The wall itself can be used to house all of the necessary controls, which is often less expensive than putting them in a cabinet or adding an additional wall panel for mounting switches and vents.
This type of exhaust system gives you much more flexibility because it allows you to change your mind about where to locate cabinets and other appliances in your cooking area without worrying about whether or not there will be enough overhead clearance for a downdraft venting system. You could also equally divide your cooking surface into two work areas by locating a countertop oven between two counters with wall-mounted range hoods above one side each.
3. Improved Efficiency
Research has shown that range hoods are highly effective in removing grease and moisture from the air, preventing it from entering the surrounding walls, cabinetry, and other building materials. This can have a positive effect on your heating / AC system’s efficiency since it reduces the work required to remove humidity from the air inside your kitchen.
4. The Right Ventilation System
One of the best reasons to use an over-the-range wall mount range hood is because you will find that many are designed to have all of their power take-offs located at one spot along an upper back corner. This means that if properly installed, only two small round holes need to be cut through your ceiling for all of the wirings between your blower motor and switch housing providing you with a much cleaner look than you would get with an island or ceiling mounted system requiring holes to be cut throughout the entire kitchen.
List of 17 Best Wall Mount Range Hoods Reviews
1. Cosmo 63190 Wall Mount Range Hood
- Cosmo 63190 Wall Mount Range Hood is the perfect choice for those looking to clean up their kitchen. The powerful 380 CFM vent eliminates odors and grease, as well as any unpleasant cooking smells, with ease for a cleaner taste! This best wall mount range hood measures at 65dB max noise level so you can operate without constantly worrying about bothering your neighbors.
- For those who live in an RV or outside of town where there isn’t tall enough wall space or ductwork, Cosmo ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are dishwasher-safe and extremely durable. No need to replace these filters – simply drop them into the dishwasher for easy maintenance and cost savings!
- The Cosmo 63190 Wall Mount Range Hood is an affordable, cutting-edge energy-efficient option for your kitchen. The high lumen LEDs provide clean, bright light to make cooking and cleaning easier. The 3-prong plug makes it convenient to use with any PowerPoint in the home while the 6″ duct allows you to vent where you need it most.
- They offer a 5-year limited parts warranty that comes complete with customer support based proudly in the USA. With Dimples on every side of the hood, this classic white range hood will fit seamlessly into any kitchen style.
2. IKTCH 36-inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- The IKTCH Wall Mount Range Hood is an efficient way to remove smoke and cooking odors from the air in your kitchen. With its stainless steel finish, it not only looks elegant but also functions efficiently, with 900 CFM of airflow easily removing unwanted particles. Moreover, by using novel gesture sensing technology on the remote control you can conveniently turn on/off the fan according to your needs!
- Ventilation in your kitchen has never been easier. Handle grease and smoke with the IKTCH Wall Mount Range Hood 900, customizing a 4-speed setting with an easy-to-clean stainless steel exterior. With 2 bright 3 watt LED lights with adjustable brightness, cooking in any room of your house is now possible without missing out on the aroma of dinner being cooked up.
- The 38 dB noise level means less disruption for you and a chance for guests who forget their earplugs to enjoy conversations while staying healthy from succumbing to a raging migraine from a roaring vent hood. Included filters are dishwasher safe and easily removable so frying no longer takes hours of vigorous scrubbing every week just because it can get everywhere!
3. ZLINE ZLKB-30 KB-30 Wall Mounted Range Hood
- The ZLINE ZLKB-30 KB-30 Wall Mounted Range Hood is not only effective in venting out or recirculating your kitchen exhaust, but it also comes with an optional charcoal filter to ensure the exhaust air from the range hood remains fresh.
- In addition, this conveniently priced stainless steel product boasts a maximum airflow of 760 CFM and four fan speeds for you to choose from. With its high-quality 21-gauge 430 brushed stainless steel construction and our lifetime warranty, why spend twice as much on a less capable unit?
- The ZLINE trade show range hood has a professional, unobtrusive design that’ll blend in with most workshop or garage settings. It comes in 6 different colors to match your decor tastes. The 7 ft. -12 ft wall-mounted range hood will fit into ceilings of that approximate height with the optional chimney short kit or extension kit(s).
4. Cosmo 668WRCS75 Wall Mount Range Hood
- Cosmo 668WRCS75 Wall Mount Range Hood is the solution for your kitchen ventilation needs. With its sleek and stylish design, this best wall mount range hood quickly and efficiently improves air quality in any kitchen and leaves you with a beautiful addition to your home décor.
- Cosmo ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are durable, dishwasher-safe filters that save time and maintain easy upkeep. Boasting touch digital controls for simple operation, this unit features 380 CFM of airflow to tackle any exhaust need – at a noise level of only 55dB, it will not disturb you while cooking on the stovetop!
- The Cosmo wall mount range hood is constructed with cutting-edge technology, which yields a beautiful product that will be enjoyed for years to come. It eliminates harsh cooking smells and unwanted guests in the form of dirty smoke particles.
- The LEDs are energy efficient and provide bright lighting that makes your kitchen more visible at night. Plus this ductless range hood has 5-year limited parts! Let Cosmo make cooking easier, brighter, clean airier, healthier for you.
5. hOmeLabs 30 inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- The hOmeLabs Wall Mount Range Hood is more than just stylish, it’s also solid and durable with its stainless steel body. You can clean this range hood easily because the dishwasher-safe aluminum mesh filter makes everything easy to maintain.
- Two bright LED lamps are available for convenience when you cook at night which will help save energy costs on your electric bills. The powerful 3-speed fan has a 220 cubic feet per minute capability that will clear up the air of grease, chemicals, smoke, moisture, heat, odor, and steam even in peak cooking hours without any difficulty.
- With just a push of a button, this sleek appliance gives you 3 fan speeds that are designed to suit any cooking need for very low noise levels of 60 dB. The unit also has separate buttons for LED lighting and powerful filters that make sure no messy residue will drip on your carefully prepared meals.
6. SNDOAS 30 inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- The Wall Mount Range Hood by SNDOAS is perfect for any kitchen. The dimensions are 29.3″ x 18.9″ x 36.3″, which means it’ll fit into most kitchens and clean up the smoke, grease, and odor from cooking with ease!
- It has a convertible ducted/ductless option that can be adjusted to suit your needs- whether you need an exhaust outside the house or not! Truly versatile and also aesthetically pleasing, this vent hood will work great in any kitchen exactly where it’s needed!
- Made of 430-grade stainless steel with a brushed finish, baffle filters are removable and dishwasher safe. The extra bright 2 LED lights illuminate the workplace on off-peak hours easily so you can cook without straining your eyes.
- You’ll appreciate the premium touch control panel which is easy to use thanks to its intuitive on-screen interface, timer shutoff for safety reasons, and quiet operation which reduces noise down below 56dB at high speed.
- With a 5 year limited warranty on parts against defects, this best wall mount range hood is designed with professional kitchen spaces in mind that need some added ventilation or blackout shade during late evening cooking sessions or whenever it’s needed.
7. Cavaliere SV218B2-30 Wall Mount Range Hood
- The Cavaliere SV218B2-30 Wall Mount Range Hood is the ultimate in ventilation. Able to efficiently remove toxic pollutants, moisture, steam, and odors while providing 360-degree exhaust solutions on every side of the unit, this best wall mount range hood will keep your kitchen safe.
- A professional, stainless steel design means that you won’t have to worry about it succumbing too quickly under extreme heat either! At 900 CFM with a silenced noise level rated at 25 dBs for maximum use at 50dBs, you’re sure to cook safely without disturbing your household members.
- This stainless steel wall mount range hood with a pyramid design is strong and attractive. The telescopic chimney that will rise to 9 ft provides an enjoyable large-scale look for taller ceilings, while the 6″ round duct provides smooth access for venting.
- You’ll love the easy controls on the LED-lit electronic control panel, which lets you adjust lighting from 2 dims of 85 watts halogen lights down to 5% light strength or kicks on a timer so they can be turned on when you leave your house in one minute intervals up to 30 hours! Clean easily with the simple push of a button on this sleek range hood’s hidden cleaning reminder system.
8. EKON NAP04-36″ Wall Mount Range Hood
- The EKON NAP04-36″ Wall Mount Range Hood has a powerful 900 CFM (cubic feet per minute) high-efficiency motor and 4 speeds of control to make your cooking easier. The best wall mount range hood also comes with permanent baffles, a 1-15 minutes adjustable timer, and 4pcs energy-saving LED lights which provide enough light for all angles in the kitchen. So hurry and get the perfect addition to your kitchen today!
- This beautiful new appliance is perfect for those who want an easy, low-maintenance way of getting rid of smoke and grease from cooking. With a 230W motor and on sale now, this sleek and modern product will work silently as it diffuses the air in your home beautifully. Take this opportunity to purchase on sale at a cheap price while we still have some left on shelves! Hurry before they sell out-these items won’t last long on us.
9. NT Air CH-105-CS Range Hood Wall Mounted
- The NT Air Range Hood is powerful, yet quiet. With a recirculating (ductless) design, this unit boasts the power to maintain pleasant kitchen smells while venting your house’s air outside.
- This best wall mount range hood can be mounted on any wall in just minutes without worrying about running wiring behind walls or ceilings-such as microwave venting for electrical cooking devices within the cabinet above the range. With an easy installation process that takes just 15-20 minutes, keeping your kitchen smelling good has never been easier!
- You don’t want to be cooking on all six burners and relying on a single kitchen window, so it’s time for you to spruce up the place with your very own NT Air range hood.
- With its sturdy stainless steel frame and push-button control panel, this unit will not only look nice in any kitchen but also perform well when it comes down to do all that dirty work of getting rid of smoke and grease while still preserving the flavor of whatever delicious dish is cooking.
- This great invention has adjustable beam heights – from 16″ to 30,” plus a 9″ base for extra stability – and even includes two halogen lights just in case you really need some light while you’re busting out those pots roasts or grilling burgers.
10. AKDY 217 CFM Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood
- The AKDY range hood was designed to give any kitchen a professional appearance. The product is made from stainless steel and glass so it blends in with upscale kitchens while still being functional for everyday cooking.
- With a powerful 134W motor, the best wall mount range hood will suck all steam or smoke from cooking into itself and do away with odors that usually cling to walls after a meal. It can be used at 3 different speeds through which you can customize the amount of suction coming out of the unit but make sure not to cook too close if using maximum power!
- The AKDY 217 CFM Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood has a modern and minimalist design that will suit any kitchen. It features powerful, quiet technology that ensures odor-free air and easy cleanup because of dishwasher-safe filters and LED lights. With Black Painted stainless steel and Tempered Glass, the quality is guaranteed with every purchase.
11. GASLAND Chef PR30BP Wall Mount Range Hood
- This GASLAND Chef PR30BP wall mount range hood is made of high-end cold-rolled steel with a black coating finish. The non-magnetic and rust proof makes the Hood durable to use and easy to clean. Its 29.3” x 19.7″ x 10.2” size and wall-mounted design can match your kitchen perfect for any contemporary modern styles such as European style, minimalist style to give every single room of every household a new look!
- The 30-inch black kitchen range hood uses a 190W 3-speed premium professional safe powerful motor, works under 120V~ 60Hz with a maximum current of 1:1:6A, and highest air flow 350CFM which means fewer cooking fumes in your home.
- The 5 push-button controls make it easy to select from 3 preset speeds and eliminate any guessing work. It also has a strong LED light system perfect for kitchen illumination-switch on the 120W bright LEDs and illuminates your culinary endeavor as brilliantly as never before!
- In addition, this vented 30″ wall mount chimney-style black wall mount range hood comes with 3 pieces of 5-layer aluminum mesh filters that can be easily removed and even put in a dishwasher for an extra layer of convenience.
12. Winflo Convertible Stainless Steel Wall Mount Range Hood
- The Winflo Convertible Stainless Steel Wall Mount Range Hood is perfect for any kitchen, no matter the size. With 350 CFM of powerful suction at a high-speed setting and 3-speed fan levels to meet your needs, the best wall mount range hood will easily replace your bulky archaic exhaust wall vents to give your appliances that can’t handle grease or hot vapors an easy way to spit out these dangerous chemicals into the atmosphere.
- Easy push-button control with power, fan speed & light settings will allow you to find the perfect balance between strong air circulation and not eating away at other energy costs around your home – at less than 65db near ears on high speed!
- Triple-gasket Triple-3XL seal for durability and noise reduction, UL certification ensures safety; Winflo Convertible stainless steel wall mount range hood is compatible with both traditional ducted installation or innovative convertible vent to provide ventilation options in any setting. Converting your kitchen space from standard heat to style has never been so easy.
13. HisoHu A01-30″ Wall Mount Range Hood
- The HisoHu wall mount range hood is perfect for your kitchen. It comes with 3 filters so getting the grease off of the top layer becomes much easier, just take them out and clean them to be put back in! The infrared remote control gives you a convenient transmission distance of up to 6 meters – without even having to touch anything just say what you want or turn it on or off with a tap. You’ll never have to worry about how scorching your food will make your house smell again with this cleaner air.
- This best wall mount range hood is the perfect, powerful kitchen companion for modern-day lifestyles. Equipped with a prominent 8-inch diameter fan motor, it promotes fast airflow so you can stay up to date on your cooking. It has four different speeds that offer maximum flexibility according to what material you are cooking and how long it takes.
- The 3000 CFM maximizes convenience by quickly sucking up all foul-smelling particles without interfering with surrounding surfaces due to a minimal noise level of 40dB-perfectly quiet enough for any active house folk! Featuring an updated sensor management system, this commercial-grade wall chimney range hood will last well past its life expectancy despite heavy-duty use in both homes and restaurants alike.
14. Golden Vantage Wall Mount Range Hood
- The Golden Vantage kitchen exhaust ventilator is a great product for your home. With the touch control panel and easy interface, you’ll have a more pleasant time cooking while it efficiently filters out smoke and odors with the mesh filter that is dishwasher safe. Get this best wall mount range hood to make all of your cooking endeavors enjoyable!
- You don’t need to worry about dirty or smoky air harming your kitchen walls and ceilings with this beautiful stainless steel range hood! This black-painted finish range hood comes with a professional motor and a 3-speed fan, providing durability and a noiseless cooking experience.
- The option of venting out or ductless carbon filter options ensures energy efficiency according to your needs, while the gradual speed intensity adapts the airflow accordingly. Combine it with our other high-quality kitchen appliances in order to make cooking delightful for you and your family!
15. ZLINE KL2-30 Convertible Vent Wall Mount Range Hood
- Adequate ventilation is one of the most important aspects of maintaining good indoor air quality. Excess amounts of smoke, steam and melting oils can create an accumulation of unhealthy gases in your kitchen. A range hood helps to remove these harmful pollutants by forcing them outside, into the exterior vent.
- The ZLINE KL2-30 Convertible Vent Wall Mount Range Hood is designed for use with wall duct systems only-otherwise it won’t work! It features a 400 CFM 4-Speed Motor powered by 120 volts/60 hertz which moves up to 320 cubic feet per minute (CFM) when on high speed. That’s enough power to clear away dirty air in no time!
- This sleek wall mount range hood features 360-degree directional lighting to make it easier to cook with. The KL2-30 convertible vent is the versatile answer for any place with limited space where you need ventilation and directed light. Lava rock filters provide 100% capture of smoke, grease, bacteria, and odors leaving your home free of cooking smells.
- Setup is fast and easy thanks to quick-connect wiring that just plugs in, together with the conversion plates included for optional recirculating or ducted installation. Heavy-duty wire guards protect these fixtures from accidental contact with children or pets during use
16. DKB Wall Mounted Range Hood
- In some kitchens, ventilation isn’t as good as it needs to be. The air is thick with grease and foul cooking smells making a horrific atmosphere for food prep or any kind of cuisine. With the DKB Wall Mounted Range Hood, you will have an enjoyable cooking experience where there is no more guesswork on how to prepare a proper dish.
- Gone are the days of having to hold your breath while trying to avoid choking at all costs! You can go about prepping in peace knowing that everything will smell fresh and divine thanks to our powerful 600 CFM single chamber centrifugal motor eliminating heat, grease, odor pollutants, smoke components, and other toxic gases from the room so you can breathe easy.
- This push-button control panel with LCD Display allows you to adjust various operations of the best wall mount range hood such as the 6 fan speed levels. Two 35W Halogen light bulbs also adjusted using the control panel provide immaculate illumination of your entire cooking surface.
17. BROAN NuTone BW5030SSL Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood
- The NuTone BW5030SSL Convertible Wall Mount Range Hood delivers wall-mounting convenience and superior performance. This product includes the perfect balance of powerful exhaust fan power, LED light systems, safety features, and sleek styling to provide effective kitchen ventilation that is both efficient and attractive.
- Adjustable settings allow you to customize your hood for any occasion or activity in your open cooking environment by controlling speed levels up to 390 CFM max. This product also includes an integrated LED light system which allows you to choose high output down lighting with 901 lumens for counter space or accent lighting for other uses (all lights can be deactivated).
- With a height of up to 36″ and the capability of mounting on vertical ductwork, this convertible wall mount offers functional installation as well as seamless circulation within your home. Featuring dual dishwasher-safe filters that are also lighted from two LED modules, you’ll have an easier time cooking your way to perfection without worry for those high-volume nights when it’s late and dark out. This model has a sleek black finish so if it pops against any color scheme in particular – we dare say its complements most nicely!
Best Wall Mount Range Hood Brands
Before I get into the best wall mount range hoods, I want to briefly introduce the top-knot range hood brands. They are well-known for their reliability and long-lasting reputation.
FOTILE was founded in China in 1996. FOTILE is now the leading brand in kitchen gadgets in China and it has expanded internationally. FOTILE is a company that develops built-in kitchen appliances such as hoods and hobs, ovens, and wall ovens. FOTILE’s design is a hallmark for its innovative and elegant influences.
ZLINE Kitchen and Bath, a family-owned appliance company in the USA, is family-owned. Their goal is to make your dream kitchen or bath affordable. ZLINE products are designed to enhance the home experience and offer stylish, high-performance spaces. All products are made in the USA and shipped worldwide.
CAVALIERE is a market leader for more than 15 years. Cavaliere’s vision is to revolutionize the market for kitchen appliances by offering unrivaled quality and innovation at an affordable price. They use high-quality materials to create their products and are rigorously tested to ensure they last a lifetime.
How to Choose the Best Wall Mount Range Hood
When choosing the best wall-mount range hood, there are important considerations after you need to know.
The power of the air moving through a wall mount range hood determines its strength. CFM is the cubic feet per minute. 350 CFM would be a typical CFM for daily cooking on a standard 30-inch wide electric stovetop. The type and size of the range will determine how much CFM you require. Remember that higher CFM ranges can produce more noise when they are in use so a lower CFM number may not be better.
raps for ducted hoods must be easy to remove and clean. Aluminum filters can be washed but stainless steel filters can be. Charcoal filters are best for wall mount range hoods.
Range hoods are available in a range of sizes, from 30 inches to 48 inches. A 30-inch stove will need a hood at least 30 inches wide and a minimum of 250 CFM. You must also consider the size of your kitchen. You will need a bigger hood to handle the extra air in a larger kitchen.
You want the hood to be proportional to your range. You might consider installing a 36 inch-wide range fan with 250 CFM if you have a 30-inch wide stove in a large kitchen. This will give it a balanced look and allow you to use the fan to exhaust as much air as possible.
No matter what size wall mount range hood you choose, your range hood must be large enough to cover all burners on the cooktop. This will ensure that as much smoke is captured as possible. The hood must fit between existing cabinets.
Even if your design is simple, a wall-mounted hood is likely to be the focal point in your kitchen. Wall-mounted hoods are available in brushed and gleaming metals as well as in natural woods. You can choose from a variety of striking range hoods, including European or contemporary styles, as well as a selection of finishes to match your kitchen.
Wall-mount range hoods are more attractive and functional than traditional range hoods. Your hood is a valuable tool in your kitchen and can be used to add architectural accents or lighting and setting.
There are many wall mount range hoods available on the market. This means you have many options for accent styles and treatments. Some range hoods are framed in tempered or etched glass. Some are embellished with corbels and posts, moldings, arches, and other ornamental elements. Be sure to match your current appliances and cabinets with the style you select.
Many hoods have lighting that brightens up your kitchen area. You can also choose to match your existing kitchen lighting. There are three types of lighting options: fluorescent, LED, and halogen. Most range hoods have lights in all four corners. Others prefer hoods that have two lights in the front and back. Some hoods have lights that can be turned down to provide a nightlight effect in the kitchen.
You can find digital touchscreens with backlit buttons or digital touchscreens depending on the hood. You can adjust settings such as auto shutoff, noise levels, and filter change indicator lights.
Some wall mount range hoods come with a remote control that allows you to access the control panel functions and some of the controls from a distance.
How to Install a Wall Mount Range Hood
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost to install a wall-mounted range hood?
The average cost of installing a wall-mounted range hood is $865. This price is based on our own data from the last 18 months and includes labor, components, and a dump run.
2. How do wall mounted range hoods work?
Range hoods are responsible to remove cooking fumes, steam, and odors from the kitchen. Wall-mounted range hoods are installed directly on the wall above the stove or cooktop. A duct that can be either horizontal or vertical connects the range hood with the outside of your house.
3. What is the difference between wall mount and island range hood?
A wall mount range hood is a hood that mounts on the wall. The island range hood is a decorative type of range hood, but in general, it means a separate unit not mounted at eye level in a kitchen. It’s usually over an island or peninsula countertop.
In recent times, people have been choosing island types over their wall-mounted counterparts due to their modern look and sleek design. However, they are also more expensive than wall mount ones. Make sure to measure your stove size and vent configuration before buying an island type since it needs to fit properly unlike other models which can be adjusted later if needed.
4. Can you cover a wall mount range hood?
Range hoods have the physical property of being able to cover a wall mount range hood in order to install it. The size is different from one model to another and there are some areas that can’t be covered with a coverage.
If you want, for example, to protect the cables from the stove below or if you have a side vent or even when you want an appearance that’s more aesthetic than practical, then this is a very effective solution. We recommend using a kitchen cabinet with storage space integrated instead of covering up your wall-mounted range hood because it is much more practical and has more benefits.
5. Can I install a wall mount range hood under cabinet?
NO, you cannot install a wall mount range hood under the cabinet. While some kitchen designers may suggest placing a wall-mounted ductless range hood type above an undercabinet unit, this is not a good idea. Even the manufacturers themselves discourage such installations by providing different height requirements for their low profile or slimline models (14 to 16 inches from the cooking surface).
If you do want a wall-mounted hood over your countertop, I would recommend at least 18-inch distance between them – that way it will look much better and won’t interfere with cooking. In addition to that, many modern wall-mounted units come with lights and/or switches on side of the unit instead of underneath, so there is no need for an under-counter light.
With its clean lines and sleek design, a wall mount range hood is an attractive alternative to the standard ceiling-mounted variety. The decision to purchase a wall mount range hood is an important one, so it’s best to do your research before committing.
If you have any questions or would like our help in deciding on the best wall mount range hood for your home, please contact us. We are here to provide assistance and will be happy to answer all of your questions about this topic!