The portable induction cooktop is one that will meet the needs of the user. It should be easy to clean, safe for use around children and pets, and can provide a wide range of cooking options. To find the perfect option for your needs, you need to consider features like power output, safety features, cookware compatibility, and more.
Induction cooking is an efficient way to cook because it uses less energy than other types of cooking methods. This means that your kitchen will stay cooler in the summer, and you’ll also be able to save money on your utility bills. The best portable induction cooktops are safe for use with any type of pot or pan, which makes them a great option if you want to use non-stick pots and pans without damaging the surface. They’re also easy to clean since they don’t have heating coils underneath that can get gunky over time.
A portable induction cooktop is a great option for those who want to be able to cook anywhere. Whether you are at the cabin, camping, or just need an alternative cooking source in your home, this article will help you find the best one that suits your needs. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best portable induction cooktops available on the market today. We’ll cover what you need to know about these cookers and how they compare to other types of cookware.
- What is the Best Portable Induction Cooktop?
- Benefits of Using a Portable Induction Cooktop
- List of 12 Best Portable Induction Cooktop Reviews
- 1. Amazon Basics 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Burner
- 2. Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- 3. Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3 Portable Induction Cooktop
- 4. Duxtop 9620LS/BT-350DZ LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop
- 5. Sunmaki Portable Induction Cooktop
- 6. GASTRORAG 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
- 7. iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop
- 8. GASTRORAG 1300W Portable Single Induction Cooktop
- 9. Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional Portable Induction Cooktop
- 10. Mueller RapidTherm Portable Induction Cooktop
- 11. Bonsenkitchen 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
- 12. Adoric Life Portable Induction Cooktop
- How to Choose the Best Portable Inductions Cooktops for You
- How to Use Portable Induction cooktop in Right Way?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Portable Induction Cooktop?
Induction cooking has been around for quite some time now, but it was only recently that it became popular as more and more people wanted to have an energy-efficient way of cooking. In addition to being efficient, portable induction cooktops also offer versatility as they can be used both indoors as well as outdoors. They are typically connected directly to a power supply and don’t require connection to a gas or electric line which makes them perfect for camping or RVing. Although any compatible pot or pan can be used on an induction cooktop, make sure you double-check if the cookware you are using is compatible with induction cooking. However, it might be a good idea to invest in some new cookware that already has an induction base.
Benefits of Using a Portable Induction Cooktop
Cooking with a portable induction cooktop is not much different from cooking with gas or an electric stove. Many even prefer it to cook over the fire because the flame is visible and predictable, unlike the hot and treacherous open flame of a campfire. That said, here are some benefits that come with using a portable induction cooktop:
Using your portable induction cooker gives you the freedom to leave your home and still be able to feed yourself in case of emergencies. It’s especially useful when there is no power in your home so you can’t cook on conventional burners nor start up your grill or ovens. And because they use clean energy (electricity), they don’t add fumes to the air as gas stoves do.
A portable induction cooktop is safer than conventional gas or electric stovetop because there’s no open flame or hot coals on the surface that can cause fires, burns, and accidents. Also, since it uses electricity to produce heat instead of combustible fuels like gas and oil, you can save yourself from fire hazards associated with spills and explosions. And finally, an induction cooker will automatically shut off if it detects a pot without a magnetic bottom so there’s no need for you to worry about electrocution if you accidentally spill water over the unit while cooking.
Because they use electricity as their main energy source for heating up food, these cookers are more efficient compared to cooking with gas, butane, or other flammable liquids.
List of 12 Best Portable Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. Amazon Basics 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Burner
- With this handy appliance, you can whip up a delicious meal in minutes with a simple set of controls and pre-set programs. When cooking is complete, pressing “stop” automatically powers off the burner for safety. The built-in watch timer also ensures that your food does not overcook or burn while you’re away from home or when power outages occur.
- Boil liquids such as pasta sauces and soup without worry since the liquid will never boil over thanks to our patented design!
- This small, yet powerful appliance includes many safety features such as voltage warning and overheat protection for worry-free use. Its glass panel stovetop makes it easy to keep clean while its fast boiling capability can fry bacon or boil water faster than a traditional range.
- With power settings from 200 – 1800 watts, versatility is key with this portable burner! Featuring a sleek LED display panel for control and pre-set cooking functions completed by a 3-hour timer, you have no excuse not to be able to whip up the.
2. Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- Just heat it up and go with Duxtop’s 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner. It’s easy to use because you just plug in the power, choose a temperature setting and then control your temp using this powerful appliance! With an energy efficiency rating of 83%, induction burner is more efficient than those old gas or electric stoves.
- The scale of temperature goes from 140 F to 460 F, with 15 preset power levels ranging from 200 W to 1800W. Partnered with a North American electrical adapter that plugs into a standard 120V outlet, this product can provide quick heat anywhere without having to lug around messy kitchen equipment!
- The large display screen and controls make it easy to monitor until you’re done and the auto-pan detection is great for those less experienced cooks out there! It runs on induction-ready cookware so that’s something important too!
- Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, reduce heat up time without compromising cooking performance. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the oversized glass cooktop with a large display screen providing easy viewing even from a distance. The Duxtop induction burner is perfect for recreational caterers and families who want to prepare meals faster, more efficiently, and safely! Ranges in size from 60-1800 watts.
3. Duxtop 8100MC/BT-180G3 Portable Induction Cooktop
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet – standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1-minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean-just wipe with a damp towel. A durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- With all the features you need, this best portable induction cooktop is what any home chef needs to put on a five-course meal and still have enough time for family and friends. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean with just a damp towel.
- The Duxtop 1800W Burner is compact and lightweight but powerful–able to heat up quickly. Equipped with auto-pan detection so you can toggle through 10 power settings for optimal stovetop cooking experience. With ETL-approved safety features, this burner will deliver performance without you risking injury or potential fire accidents in your kitchen.
4. Duxtop 9620LS/BT-350DZ LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop
- The Duxtop LCD portable induction cooktop is the digital, future kitchen countertop solution for any modern chef seeking to take their culinary experience and skills to the next level.
- The built-in safety lock system keeps them safe while still giving us access to features such as two independent heating zones that allow you set each one differently with the LCD display screen. Induction cooking eliminates open flames and burns so just wipe it off when you’re finished with a damp towel, making cleanup simple and fast so you can get your little one’s favorite meal ready in no time!
- What really makes this product shine is the many safety features it offers for both adults and children. Touch-control panel, 120 Volts electricity use, child safety lock system-perfect for cooking up quick family meals!
- With 9″x7″ prominent cooking area for fast, convenient meals. This advanced countertop oven has a 9200 BTU induction burner with 2 dishwasher monitor burners that can automatically be operated together or separately with no risk of having to manually lift pots and pans over the heating elements! Choose power mode or temperature mode for 20 preset levels per option to get your fantastic food done just right!
5. Sunmaki Portable Induction Cooktop
- This sunmaki induction cooker cooktop is designed for easy and quick cooking. With a 10×10 inch generously sized, circular family-sized cooking platform, the sunmaki induction cooker lets you cook an entire meal evenly with one touch – because it’s heated from underneath by magnetic fields created by ceramic or nickel electrodes in this small kitchen appliance.
- This portable household appliance comes equipped with a multifunctional digital timer and 9 power levels to maximize both your time and energy efficiency. This practical design will make a big difference to the modern-day family!
- Sunmaki Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet, induction cooker comes with 10 level temperature range from 140℉ to 464℉, 9 level power range from 200w to 1800w. Compared with the traditional gas, the electric furnace cooks faster and consumes less. A portable induction cooktop quickly boils water in 7 minutes and meets all your cooking needs. Safe cleaning – You don’t need to worry about hot or cold liquids when it is heating up because of double protection Cabinet Protection Panels on both sides of the cabinet door far away.
6. GASTRORAG 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
- The GASTRORAG 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop heats up your food twice as fast as traditional ranges without sacrificing quality. What’s more, it heats evenly so there are no hot spots and you can put anything anywhere!
- It’s as easy as 1,2,3 to clean this induction cooktop. All that needs doing is wiping it down with a microfiber cloth and you’re done. What could be easier? Pair this microwave with some cast iron pans for a very easy kitchen cleaning regimen!
- The Gastrorag 1800R 1800 W Portable Induction Cooktop makes cooking on the go easy. With 10 power levels and 10 temperature settings for both precision and versatility, plus a timer of up to 150 minutes, this induction pot has it all.
- A premium glass design with an integrated sensor touch control panel that keeps your cooktop surface clean as you manage your meals on the road or at home. The lightweight yet powerful 5.57 lb ultralight design means no more struggling to carry heavy portable kitchen equipment from one place to another!
- The timer can be set up to 150 minutes for precision cooking time, while the 1-year warranty provides peace of mind. Dishwasher-safe material allows for easy cleaning that will have your stove looking new again in no time!
7. iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop
- Pick between two power levels (100W-1800W) or select an exact cooking temp that’s comfortable to let the built-in sensors do their work for you; these features make this electric stove more versatile than our competitors.
- iSiLER is the innovative and portable induction cooktop that combined 30 years of iSiLER experience with high-quality materials to create a multifunctional, lightweight appliance. It has three power levels 180W-1800W in 20-watt increments, a temperature range from 140°F to 460°F in 20ºF increments, and features an LCD display which can be adjusted up or down by 1º for precise cooking. Powered by 1800w large ceramic melt coils it ensures a quick even heating area surface ranging from 6.7in (17cm) to fit frying pans with a diameter of 3.9-8.6in(10*23cm).
- Large touch buttons mean enhanced usability while the cooktop surface measures 6.7in across that fits frying pans up to 22cm in diameter perfectly-providing an even heated area and ensuring every meal time runs.
- This sleek and modern stove has magnetic paneling that can hold up to 4 different pots or pans at once. As an added bonus – the gorgeous glass surface won’t stain over time as steel does! And since it’s completely portable.
8. GASTRORAG 1300W Portable Single Induction Cooktop
- The GASTRORAG 1300W Portable Single Induction Cooktop is perfect for any kitchen, at 4.5 lbs., it’s lightweight and easily stored off the countertop when not in use. This cooktop offers 10 power levels from 200-1300 watts, giving you great control over how quickly or slowly you want your meal to cook. The glass surface allows quick cleaning with a microfiber cloth.
- The Gastrorag 1300W Portable Single Induction Cooktop is an ultralight and slim device. It provides 10 power levels from 200 to 1300 W and a timer up to 180 minutes in a magnetic induction cookware-friendly environment. The product also features a 1-year warranty, microfiber cleaning cloths for easy maintenance, and 120V 60 Hz American Electrical Standards with child safety lock features.
- The premium glass surface with an integrated sensor touch control panel makes cleaning easy–just use a microfiber cloth and wipe down the cooktop surfaces each day! The sleek design is ultralight at 4.5 lbs. Safer than other cooking methods with electronic control panels instead of exposed heating coils and surface sensors.
9. Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional Portable Induction Cooktop
- What cookware and cooking methods can the Duxtop induction cooker be used for? Duxtop is a portable induction burner that can fit on any countertop. It’s designed to have both 20 preset power levels from 100W to 1800W, as well as 20 preset temperature levels from 100°F to 460°F.
- The lightweight construction of this portable range ensures easy handling and storage, so it’s perfect for RV use, camping trips, or just your every day kitchen needs. Great for soups and sauces or even some slow slow-cooked dishes too!
- The Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop is our latest generation of commercial-grade countertop range that has been designed with durability and ease of use in mind. It includes dual glass surfaces allowing you to simultaneously cook or warm food on one side while keeping your other meals chilled – without switching dishes.
- The 7 blades “cool” fan ensures breathable circulation, so foods will never burn when left unattended over an extended period of time, making it easy to clean every last spec! Adjustable and ample power allows any user from beginner to the professional chef, to cook
- With no open flames or heating elements, it’s easy to maintain perfect kitchen hygiene as well as fire safety; any food spills will quickly be whisked away by the touch of a hand. This commercial appliance set has everything you need to hone those culinary skills.
10. Mueller RapidTherm Portable Induction Cooktop
- The Mueller RapidTherm Induction Cooktop is a sensible and practical solution for today’s active lifestyles. Stylish and elegant, the rapid thermal electric cooktop is perfect for any home or RV where space is limited – cooking up to 2 eggs or 5 slices of bacon at once!
- The lightweight unit features sustainable energy-saving technology that heats only the diameter of your pan; no need to waste precious cooking time waiting on pans around the edges of the stove to heat up. Excellent induction burner heats instantly with efficiency, cooking food 50% faster than conventional gas or electric stoves. This neat little appliance has a sleek design with an LCD display panel that can be rotated 360 degrees so you’ll always have an eye on what’s going on.
- Quickly adjust to temperatures while also saving energy with this professional-quality cookware. It’s our best induction burner yet, built for convenience and large duty use at home or work. Keep food warm or make yourself a quick meal on any countertop in your RV, office, kitchenette.
- The RapidTherm Induction Cooktop with 1800W of cooking power and many smart features is perfect for RV’s, small apartments, or anywhere you need an extra cooktop. The lightweight electric cooktop heats up instantaneously and evenly with induction-ready cookware-cook your food 50% faster than conventional gas or electric cooktops.
11. Bonsenkitchen 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
- The Bonsenkitchen induction cooker is a revolutionary electric cooking device that utilizes energy transfer between the surface of solid, electrically conductive material and an object placed on it. By automatically sensing your desired temperature ranged from 140℉ to 460℉up to 1800Watt power, this convenient 1800-watt portable kitchen appliance heats rapidly and waits until everything’s done!
- The internal timer lets you preset time up to 3 hours; with its automatic shuts off senses when the food is cooked. Dishwasher-safe glass skillet not only offers easy cleaning but also decreases heat retention which helps achieve more efficient cooking results.
- Bonsenkitchen 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop w ETL Approved is the newest hit in 2017! A kitchen appliance with 8 patented power levels, giving you enough high energy transfer to facilitate all your cooking needs. Space-saving design makes it easy for anyone to use without taking up too much kitchen space. It takes no time at all to quickly heat up and save a significant amount of time when cooking food in the oven Use strict science process design on the glass surface, making cleaning quicker and easier with fewer harms caused by scratches.
12. Adoric Life Portable Induction Cooktop
- This electric stove is perfect for everyday use and will make cooking a breeze. Cooking with utmost convenience, you can easily and conveniently switch from fry to boil or simmer. You won’t have to worry about burning or boiling anything because it has safety features that automatically turn off the unit if there are high temperatures reached on the cookware as well as an indicator light that alerts operators of any potential hot spots.
- Plus, this induction top heats up quickly so waiting time is virtually non-existent! This kitchen appliance holds 12 power levels, 1 preselected setting, and 5 pulse settings so all your favorite dishes will come out fantastically every time.
- This best portable induction cooktop has a powerful, 1800W burner that can be used to cook numerous dishes at one time. Powered by distilled water for non-electric cooking, it is the perfect solution for anyone who lacks space or wants independence from the fire hazards of gas stoves. The temperature control precisely cooks your food with just the right amount of heat while its multiple automatic features safeguard you against accidents.
- The Portable Induction Cooktop is designed to cook at any capacity in a space without taking too much up. American households will be able to use it with 110-volt outlets, and the controls are designed for simplicity of operation. One-touch to set 5 modes of steam, soup, fry, curry, and keeping warm; meets all your cooking demands.
How to Choose the Best Portable Inductions Cooktops for You
There is nothing better than a good hot cooked meal after a long day on the trail. Your portable induction cooktop will probably be the most used and the most appreciated bit of gear you take with you. You can find many models on the market, but which one should you buy? If you’re shopping for a new portable induction cooktop, there are several things to consider:
For many people, deciding which features are important will narrow down their choices considerably so take the time to experiment with different models at various stores if possible so you can determine which specifications are most important to you personally.
Not all portable induction cooktops are created equal when it comes to efficiency levels at cooking different types of food items. For instance, some models only work on ferrous metal cooking vessels while others can accommodate non-ferrous metals or glass or ceramic pans and pots too. If you want to cook a variety of food types on your unit, be sure to check what vessels are compatible with it before you buy.
Ease of Use
How intuitive is the control panel? The best portable induction cooktops will have an easy-to-use interface without too many bells and whistles that can cause frustration during use. If you’re going to be cooking in a tent or if the weather conditions aren’t good, then this model may not be a good choice as some units come with a lot of buttons that may end up causing accidents.
Many models will shut off automatically when they detect an obstruction. This is great for preventing pot boilovers from becoming house fires should you accidentally bump into them while cooking. Some models will also shut off automatically if dropped or tipped over. This is an added safety feature many people appreciate.
How much weight can the unit accommodate? If you’re cooking for more than one person, consider how long it takes this unit to boil water or cook food items. If you have limited fuel resources, then get a model that has high wattage capabilities but low fuel consumption which gives you more time between refuels.
What are your options? Many models will only work with lithium-ion batteries while others can be powered by 12V car power adapters or solar panels. It’s up to you to determine what type of energy source works best for your cooking needs so be sure to check before you buy.
Some models are designed to cook faster while others are built for longer cooking times. Once again, it depends on what kind of food you want to cook and how you intend to prepare it. If you’re not sure, get a unit that has multiple temperature settings so you can experiment or contact the manufacturer’s customer service department before your trip for advice on which model will work best for your specific needs.
The more watts a portable induction cooktop has, the faster it will heat up. Remember to check what kind of vessel you intend to use with this model as different units have limitations on the maximum power output they can supply.
Is there a built-in timer on the control panel? This feature allows you to preset cooking times for various food items. If you’re not sure what time is best, then get a unit that offers several presets and experiment with them to find one that works well with your chosen cooking vessel and food type.
Some units offer an extended warranty period while others don’t. Keep in mind it costs money to replace parts so if you don’t think you’ll need an extended warranty, go with a cheaper model instead.
How much storage space do you have? Most portable induction cooktops will take up more room in your pack than, say, a spork for example, but not all of them will. The size and shape of the container that holds the unit will depend on the model you purchase. Some units can be disassembled into several pieces for compact storage.
When you’re cooking in camp or when the weather is bad, most units will shut off automatically when they detect an obstruction. This feature prevents accidents from boiling over onto your stovetop and causing a fire hazard.
How much can your budget afford? Generally speaking, this will determine what quality level of product you’ll be able to purchase. There is no point in buying an expensive unit if it won’t do what you want it to do. Some products offer more features and capabilities than others. It is up to the user to determine what they want and need in a unit.
How to Use Portable Induction cooktop in Right Way?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are portable induction cooktops worth it?
Portable induction cooktops offer sleek design, easy to clean, and safe usage without the added risk of an open flame. Plus they’re efficient: by making cooking vessels out of their heat source these units use only 10% as much energy than electric burners while using half that from gas!
2. Can you ruin an induction cooktop?
Induction cooktops are not as durable and should be treated with care. The glass-ceramic surface is made up of a composite material that can break easily, so it’s important to handle them carefully if you want your induction stovetop still to work properly after some time or use
Inductions have become really popular in recent years because they’re fast heating appliances that offer better safety features than traditional gas grills; however, this comes at the expense attention must always give towards maintaining its appearance (especially since there isn’t any housing around). Induction glass top topped stoves may seem like an expensive purchase initially but then cost increases exponentially when something goes wrong – just think about how much fixing one could do.
3. What are the disadvantages of induction cooker?
The new technology of an induction cooktop is still in its infancy, so it will cost more than a traditional one. But don’t worry! You can use magnetic pans or get the process working right with help from professionals if needed and your food will be cooked just fine. A good way to make sure this doesn’t happen would be by buying only high-quality posts that are made specifically for these new models because using anything else might result in undercooked meals.
4. How long should an induction cooktop last?
Induction cooktops are a great way to bring new life into your kitchen. They’re easy and efficient, but what’s best is that they last for 10 thousand hours at most! The lifespan of an induction cooking surface varies depending on its use – consumer-grade units operate for only 1-2 thousand while commercial/industrial models have much longer lifespans ranging from 30k all the way up towards 100k+.
5. Which induction is better 1200 watt or 1800 watt?
Finding the right cooktop for you can be difficult. There are many different types, and it’s important to know which one would suit your needs best from both a wattage point of view as well as other features such as ignition timing or even power cable length! But don’t worry- I’ve found just what every kitchen should have: Induction Cooktops with 2000 W – This is perfect because not only do they provide higher heating capacities but also excellent durability at low costs.
With so many options available on the market, it may seem difficult to choose one that is best for you. In order to find the best portable induction cooktop, you need to consider all of these factors. If you are still unsure about which one will work for your needs, take a look at our list of top picks and see if any stand out as being perfect for what you’re looking for! We have researched different options so that no matter who is reading this write whether they are an expert chef or just trying to figure out how to make their life easier in the kitchen- everyone can be well informed on where to start when it comes time to buy your next portable induction cooktop.
We hope this article has helped narrow down your search and led you in the right direction. In addition to helping with cookware comparison, we have also provided a list of some great portable induction cooktops from reliable brands that will suit any budget or cooking needs!