The most important thing in making good Japanese rice is having the right equipment. The old-fashioned way was using an electric pot or stovetop, but these days it’s easier than ever with modern technology. The best Japanese rice cooker is all you need to make perfect Japanese rice at home. With just a few minutes of your time, you’ll be enjoying the best tasting rice possible!
The best Japanese rice cooker is one of the most important pieces for any kitchen. A quality rice cooker can make perfect white, brown, or even jasmine rice with just a few simple steps. This article will discuss how to find the right machine for your needs and some helpful tips on making delicious food in minutes.
- List of 15 Best Japanese Rice Cookers Reviews
- 1. Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker
- 2. Tiger JNP-1800-FL 10-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 3. Panasonic SR-HZ106 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker
- 4. Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker
- 5. Toshiba Low Carb Digital Programmable Multi-functional Rice Cooker
- 6. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
- 7. Tiger JAX-T18U-K 10-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- 8. Cuckoo CRP-P0609S 6 cup Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
- 9. Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- 10. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- 11. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- 12. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker
- 13. Tayama TRSC-10R Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
- 14. Oyama CFS-F10B 5 Cup Rice Cooker
- 15. Zojirushi NL-GAC10 BM Umami Micom Rice Cooker
- Buying Guide for the Best Japanese Rice Cooker
- How to use a Japanese Rice Cooker
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of 15 Best Japanese Rice Cookers Reviews
1. Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy rice cooker ensures perfect, fully-cooked rice that consistently tastes great with virtually every menu. Check out the 5 cups computerized cooking and warming functionality with advanced Neuro Fuzzy logic technology. Finish up your selection of food by adding some perfectly cooked rice to it.
- The spherical, nonstick inner pan allows for even heating during the cooking process so there is no overcooked food insight on your plate when you’re finished! The retractable cord makes this product easy to store while not in use or easy to take along without excess wiring getting caught on things, increasing its durability and decreasing any discomfort while handling it.
- Finally, the best Japanese rice cooker that is as intuitive as you are! The Zojirushi Neuro-fuzzy rice cooker makes cooking a breeze. From regular to sushi and everything in between – the menu settings will make your favorite dish quickly and easily with no fuss. Made from top-of-the-line stainless steel, this appliance also features two measuring cups for accurate results every time.
- As if that isn’t enough, it includes a nonstick rice spoon/scraper to simplify clean up after each use! What more could you ever want from a kitchen appliance? Get yours now while these powerful pieces of engineering are still available at such an attractive price.
2. Tiger JNP-1800-FL 10-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
- This Tiger JNP-1800-FL 10-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer features a keep-warm function that will heat whatever you’ve cooked up in the inner pot for up to 12 hours. It’s great for anyone who cooks ahead of time or freezes meals, as it lets you enjoy fresh foods week after week. It also includes a non-stick pan that makes it easy to clean and has retractable power cord storage which keeps wires neat and tidy.
- This handy appliance is equipped with a removable/washable steam vent, power interrupt protection system for stability, tempered glass lid to keep food in the cooker without heating it up too much, timer function that sets cooking automatically (with three parameters), and includes spatula and rice measuring cup!
- There are lots of aroma settings for different types of rice, namely brown rice setting which requires rinse water for washing before cooking; white rice setting also requires rinsing; rinse only; soup style; quick soup style; porridge or oatmeal setting.
3. Panasonic SR-HZ106 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic SR-HZ106 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker is easy to use, versatile and perfect for smaller families or couples. With 13 pre-set cooking programs you can make many different types of rice with ease. This unit features induction heating which creates an electrical current inside the pot to heat and cooks food evenly without boiling over.
- The inner pan is nonstick with a copper exterior that provides years of continual heat with no loss in efficiency. Get your life back by using this amazing convenience product that makes dinner time easier than ever before!
- It’s hard to go wrong with a rice cooker. Panasonic has engineered the SR-HZ106 5 Cup (Uncooked) Japanese Rice Cooker with everything you need to achieve perfect rice every time. The built-in taste catcher and 7-layer inner cooking pan both combine for more flavor and less mess, so you can cook your meal and serve it right from one handy appliance. So save time and hassle by giving everyone in your family delicious hot meals without much work at all – just press start!
4. Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker
- With the Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker, rice is perfect every single time. Three pressure levels are used to give you crunchy or soft textures and four cooking modes mean it can be cooked in 17 different ways.
- The menu settings allow for white cooking (regular, softer, or harder), umami, mixed, sushi/sweet Jasmine, porridge, congee brown GABA Brown steel-cut oatmeal, and quick-cooking with steam-sensing technology ensures that your food will come out perfectly tasty every single time.
- Pressure induction heating creates fluffy texture while leaving distinctive flavor unaltered so what tastes like 5 lbs of cubed sweet potatoes also becomes 2 cups of steamed rice.
- Finally, you won’t have to settle for forgiving rice. The Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker guarantees that your rice will be properly cooked with pressure induction technology. You can adjust the settings so it’s perfect every time!
- There is an AI cooking function which “learns” and adjusts the cooking cycle based on your preferences, meaning no more trial and error in order to get ‘just right’ rice. With this cooker, there are also two measuring cups included – one regular size, and one green rinse-free size – so you always have exactly what you need when you’re preparing a meal.
5. Toshiba Low Carb Digital Programmable Multi-functional Rice Cooker
- The Toshiba low-carb rice cooker is a great way to save time and fuel. A healthy lifestyle should be easy, not difficult. The built-in functions make cooking all types of healthy grains, doughy oatmeal, or stews very simple.
- Auto-sensing technology activates the heating element to deliver perfect results every time without guesswork. This product makes it easier for you to enjoy the benefits of living a healthier life with less effort.
- The Toshiba Low Carb Digital Programmable Multi-functional Rice Cooker will make all your favorite rice dishes, from stickiest sushi rice to fluffy paella. The advanced fuzzy logic allows the best optimization for cooking times and temperatures, while induction heating produces excellent flavor and texture in every dish.
- With a 24-hour delay timer great for families, this multi-functional rice cooker is easy to use and clean with its nonstick pot and detachable steam vent.
6. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker includes multi-menu cooking functions, for various types of rice. You can make white rice, mixed riced rice, sushi rice, long grain white Rice, and even steel-cut oatmeal. The triple heater provides the dish with an abundance of heat to cook your meal thoroughly. With its 6 oz measuring cup you’ll get up to 3 cups or 0.54 liters cooked worth of food depending on which type you’re using!
- The Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker is a versatile appliance with a wealth of features. It has a retractable cord for easy storage, an interchangeable melody signal and beep that let you know the cooking cycle is complete, and a removable steam vent cap that allows you to cook at higher temps without messy overflows. The NS-LGC05XB also comes with an easy-to-understand microcomputer that automatically adjusts cooking temperature and time which helps make this best Japanese rice cooker one of the best on the market!
7. Tiger JAX-T18U-K 10-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- This durable and lightweight Tiger JAX-T18U-K 10-Cup Rice Cooker is perfect for making delicious rice with just the touch of a button! Removable and easy to clean parts, such as the inner lid and steam cap, make cooking quick and easy. Store your cookbook inside or keep it in hand with this handy device to explore new flavors, impress guests at dinner time, or even tackle that dish you’ve been meaning to try for a while!
- You can tease out all the air bubbles from your cooked rice, too by using the “Fuzzy Moods” function on this sleek Micom cooker. With five different functions available in one modern unit, there’s no need to waste any space – order today!
- Save money and time with this 10-cup microcomputers-controlled rice cooker and warmer. With a cook function, this machine has a variety of cooking settings to give you perfect rice every single time. The 1.8mm thick inner pan makes the rice stay hot for hours so it’s ready when you get home from work or can be used as an ideal warming unit for desserts, cakes, cookies, or anything else that may need to stay warm!
8. Cuckoo CRP-P0609S 6 cup Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
- The Cuckoo CRP-P0609S 6 Cup Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker is a highly versatile electric rice cooker with over thirteen unique cooking menus for a variety of delicious dishes. A sleek design with an ergonomic handle, this appliance has six cups capacity, perfect for small gatherings or small to medium-sized families.
- Unlike other Japanese rice cookers, this one includes a smart heating algorithm designed to automatically cook perfect rice each time with just the push of a button. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about scratched or sticky pots again thanks to its scratch-proof stainless steel inside the pot.
- Need rice right now? Push the preprogrammed timer and let our smart technology do all of the work for you while freeing up some space on your stovetop!
9. Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker is easy to use, reliable, and convenient. This sleek cooker can cook up to three cups of uncooked rice at a time so you don’t waste any precious kitchen space on the countertop.
- The see-through lid lets you watch your whole grain or white rice as it cooks evenly on low heat for delicate flavors that are sure to impress your family and friends with every delicious bite! We recommend this product because its simple design offers an amazing cooking experience without all of the hassles. One switch button means less fussing over complicated steps.
- With a durable nonstick inner cooking pan and an easier-to-read LCD screen, the Zojirushi NHS06 is perfect for novice cooks. The best Japanese rice cooker comes with a measuring cup that holds 6 ounces of uncooked white rice, the most popular type in Japan and beyond. Cooking short-grain white rice takes between 40 and 50 minutes, but never worry about watching the clock: this model features an easy-to-read LCD timer/clock.
10. Panasonic 5 Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic 5-Cup Rice Cooker is the perfect kitchen helper for any busy household. The industry-leading induction cooking regulates temperatures and heating power to attain healthy, nutritional Japanese-style rice perfectly every time.
- Plus it simplifies your afternoon’s workload with its one-touch cooking feature which allows you to choose between 4 pre-programmed settings that will cook everything from brown rice, white rice, mixed rice, or glutinous rice just by pressing a button! And if you want traditional stovetop recipes but lack the larger pots required for the job then this Large Capacity Rice Cooker has you covered too with its oversize 3 Litre capacity.
- Less time spent in the kitchen, all the while ensuring authentic Asian-style rice dishes! This Panasonic 5 Cup Rice Cooker includes an automatic shut-off function preventing overcooking to give you perfect rice every time. Along with its keep-warm functionality, this cooker is a must-have for any small family looking to come home after work and find Thai Style Clear Soup waiting for them on the table!
11. TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- The TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5 Cup Rice Cooker makes cooking rice a breeze because all one has to do is push “Start” for this Syncro-cooking function “Tacook.” This best Japanese rice cooker also features different options for cooking white or brown rice, meanwhile, its slow cooking setting lets you mix in any other type of meat or vegetables. The Perfect Temperature Control ensures that your food will cook without being too dry, so there’ll be no need to worry about soft beans and overcooked meat.
- You’ve finally found the best-cooked rice! Nothing beats this Micom Rice Cooker. It has a one-cup measuring cup that also comes with it for cooking perfect rice perfectly every time, and an electric rating flow of 672W to cook up all your favorite yogurts in great timing.
- The inner pan is non-stick coated which helps make clean up easier by keeping food from sticking to surfaces – no need for scrubbing or scouring at all. And its bright neon coloring will brighten up any kitchen space around you, so grab this today and enjoy cooking like never before
12. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom Rice Cookers provide you with the ultimate convenience in cooking, opening up new options and adding great variety to your next meal. This 3 cup cooker is perfect for making 6 servings of rice (measured using raw short-grain white rice) at a time with its efficient capacity and intelligent design.
- With 5 different heating modes to choose from, you’ll always get the most perfectly cooked result each time! An efficient lifetime of easy accession cookers that will delight your culinary mind!
- For those looking for a rice cooker that can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice and offers 2 different keep-warm settings, the Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom Rice Cooker is one you should consider. This best Japanese rice cooker features handy features such as a measuring cup and spatula holder so your new appliance will be organized and attractive on your counter.
- With an easy-to-read LCD control panel, automatic and extended keep-warm setting, reheating cycle, delay timer with two settings, and a built-in retractable power cord you won’t have to worry about anything! You’ll enjoy our customer’s favorite staple: delicious cooked rice!
13. Tayama TRSC-10R Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
- Tayama rice cookers have been a staple in households for generations. Imagine the convenience of being able to go back to your meal with just a touch, or walk away from it without worrying there will be a mess when you return. Tayama has it all: 120V60Hz 700W power, easy-to-remove cooking pot, and round designed cool-touch body for ultimate convenience!
- Tayama is one of the most well-known brands for rice cookers out today. Their kitchen appliances are made with food-loving people like yourself in mind. Earlier this year they released their TRSC series of products that promise more efficient cooking but maintain that warm homey feeling that’s familiar to many rice cooker owners over time.
- With a 20 cup capacity, you will be able to cook large quantities of delicious rice for big family gatherings or parties. The Tayama’s patented Electric Power Clarity Heating offers speedy cooking and precision temperature control for better tasting rice every time.
- The premium quality stainless steel pot is dishwasher safe and easy to clean without sacrificing that beautifully polished exterior! When not in use, it can be stored on your countertop with the included splash guard lid which also doubles as a measuring cup holder for efficient preparation.
14. Oyama CFS-F10B 5 Cup Rice Cooker
- The Oyama CFS-F10B rice cooker is one of the best inexpensive home appliances on the market. It features an innovative electromechanical drive system for accurate cooking time and temperature, as well as a simple LCD control panel with a numeric keypad for easy operation.
- This best Japanese rice cooker is preprofessionally designed to offer all of the benefits you would expect from a model designed by expert manufacturers who devote themselves wholly to this single product line. A complete recipe book will teach you appetizing dishes that are perfect for every occasion, whether it’s an intimate dinner or a hearty breakfast with family and friends!
- This Rice Cooker is easy to use, making your mealtime preparation convenient. The stainless steel cooking surfaces are easy to clean and also nonstick-ensuring great food release with every dish you make! It comes with a Stainless Steel Steamer Tray that allows for multiple servings of vegetables or meat at the same time.
- 3-dimensional heating (base, side, and lid) ensures the perfect dish every single time even if you’re cooking on high or low heat. In addition, it has an Automatic Keep Warm Function that will keep your rice warm without overcooking it while you run out after work from unexpectedly running close behind a fast-moving object!
15. Zojirushi NL-GAC10 BM Umami Micom Rice Cooker
- The Zojirushi NL-GAC10 BM Umami Micom Rice Cooker has 14 awards to its credit. This rice cooker includes advanced micro computerized Fuzzy logic technology that allows the user to select from 18 different menu settings, including white, umami, mixed, sushi/sweet, Jasmine brown, and GABA brown.
- The UMAMI setting on the NT-GAC18 LP Heating Plate extends soaking and steaming for enhanced flavor. With a low price point, this great multipurpose kitchen appliance’s versatility will make it an essential part of your food prep. The best Japanese rice cooker also comes with custom functions like quick white or quick Jasmine which allow you to create fluffy deliciousness in an instant!
- With the various settings for steaming and slow cooking, you can make anything from soups to potatoes with ease. The black thick inner cooking pan will keep your food sealed in as it cooks without giving out any flavor or nutrition you didn’t want some flavor or nutrients goin’ away! This is great for those times when tight on cash but workin’ hard to feed the fam!
Buying Guide for the Best Japanese Rice Cooker
Before beginning the search to find the very best Japanese rice cooker, then have a little time to contemplate how frequently you’re going to use it and what other approaches you can use it.
A notion of where it’ll be saved and used and how many times you’ll want it will provide you a clearer idea about what type of cooker you’re searching for.
Then consider features like type, ability, the stove’s substance, the cooking preferences it provides, its controllers, how simple it’s to wash, and also other ways it may be utilized.
Japanese rice cookers are generally made with a variety of sorts metals, such as aluminum and stainless steel. A couple of choices are made from plastic, but these generally have an inner kettle made out of thin, non-stick aluminum.
Fully stainless steel choices are thicker and constructed to last for decades, despite daily usage. Durable materials like stainless steel and aluminum are all essential to ensuring that the system lasts quite a while.
If you’re planning on using the rice cooker regularly, it may be best to put money into a totally metal option. While vinyl stoves are typically less expensive, they won’t survive so long as metal versions when used daily.
The very best Japanese rice cookers are measured by the number of cups of rice that they could cook. This number ranges from 3 cups to 16 cups. Though some can cook around 28 cups, these are infrequent and not as frequently utilized in a house setting.
Should you cook a small quantity of rice at one time, save space and discover a more compact version. But if you are intending to meal preparation, and possibly store additional rice in bento boxes, then a bigger model may be best.
When comparing versions, make certain to compare the exact same cup size dimensions. Some rice stoves refer to the cups cooked, while others will use raw measurements. This may get confusing when 10 cups of raw rice become 20 cups when cooked.
There are a couple of kinds of Japanese rice cookers which are usually used now. The first is that a traditional rice cooker, a very simple device using a heating component and an automatic shutoff to get as soon as the rice is prepared.
Then you will find microprocessor cookers, otherwise called electric rice cookers, which utilize programmable multi-sensors to cook any rice into its particular requirements. These replace the need for a number of dividers for various rice types and also remove all guesswork.
The user informs the machine which sort of rice to cook, and it’ll smartly cook it to perfection. Last, you will find induction rice cookers that use non-contact heating technology to cook the rice using radiofrequency electricity. These cook the rice heat from many directions, unlike many others using a heating element on the floor.
You will find as many cooking choices on rice cookers since there are forms of rice. The number of configurations can vary from two to 16. Some stoves have a”cook” and”warm” setting in which the machine will cook the rice keep it warm.
Others have a preference for every single form of rice, and a few even have configurations for cooking tastes like rice softness. How many customized preferences your rice cooker needs to have will depend on your requirements.
If all you want is white rice cooked perfectly each time, a normal Japanese rice cooker with 2 configurations will work well. But in case you and your family prefer to experiment and then cook several kinds of dishes and rice, then a more advanced choice may be the best way to go.
According to a couple of times over, Japanese rice cookers can vary from cooking rice to apparatus that could cook a broad assortment of foods. By way of instance, some devices can steam cook white rice, fast rice, whole grain, hot cereals, soups, beans, and some pasta dishes.
All these often pressure stove apparatuses have lots of cooking controls and preferences. These are normally on the costlier side than rice cookers, but they are able to serve more than one function from the kitchen. For anyone who has limited space that wants to maximize every single kitchen appliance, then these are perfect.
A number of people may not have the ability to use chopsticks very well, however, with precise controls, we could cook the rice completely. Most Japanese rice cookers have knobs that consumers turn to inform the cooker which kind of rice has been cooked or the best way to cook it.
More advanced versions use LED displays and many buttons to define cooking rice and times kinds. As more technology was developed, you will find even more innovative options, like stoves that relate to mobile device apps through Wi-Fi so consumers may cook, and keep rice warm, from their telephones.
Each one of these options permits the rice to be cooked to perfect specifications, however, the perfect choice is dependent upon how much flexibility users want.
Ease of Cleaning
The very best Japanese rice cookers include a removable pot using a non-stick coating to make cleaning a cinch. All users must do is take the bud, wash it with water and soap, then wipe the lid out.
Some rice cooker apparatus possess self-cleaning steam choices which make it effortless to wash and purge the rice cooker.
Because rice cookers absolutely cook rice and won’t burn it, it is unlikely you will ever need to scratch burnt bits after use as you want if a kettle boiled over to the stovetop.
Most Japanese rice cooker makers include measuring cups using the cooker to guarantee the appliances are utilized properly. They’ll recommend you simply use the cup that’s included to quantify and fill out the cooker.
This is due to the fact that the cooker was made to cook rice in accordance with the particular measurements of the cup. While it might look simple to use your favorite house measuring cup, these may at times be somewhat different from the one supplied and may create the rice to not be cooked in addition to usual.
Furthermore, many rice cookers include a mixing paddle. The form and dimensions of those paddles are best for stirring and serving rice. If you do not have your own at home, it may be a superb idea to obtain an alternative which comes with you.
How to use a Japanese Rice Cooker
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which would be the very best rice cooker in the marketplace?
Our recommendation is that the Zojirushi Micom 3-Cup (NS-LAC05XT) rice cooker. It’s high-tech and diverse functions to fulfill user preferences. Our purchasing guide may further help you with additional details.
2. What are the prices of rice cookers?
You are going to have the ability to acquire a well-built rice cooker for under 15 dollars. Should you would like to bring some small bucks to your pocket, then you can find some more attributes within 40 bucks. There are numerous great rice cookers out there for approximately 150 bucks. Thus you need to go to find the one which matches your budget.
3. What are the good brands of rice cookers?
Zojirushi is one of the most well-known manufacturers of Japanese rice cookers. Aside from the brand, you will find other fantastic manufacturers such as Tiger Corporation, Aroma Housewares, etc.
4. Is Japanese rice exactly like sticky rice?
Sticky rice is just one special kind of Japanese rice. In Japan, sticky rice is known as mochigome – this means sweet rice or ‘glutinous rice’. The major word for Japanese rice is uruchimai – that is normal Japanese rice that is used for regular dishes.
5. Can you make porridge in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can make porridge at a rice cooker too. Apart from porridge, you may pick another kind of rice choice, and you also can steam many other edibles from the rice cooker too. If you’re fond of quinoa, you are able to make it in there too.
For those looking to buy a rice cooker, the best advice is to purchase one with different settings. This will allow you to cook white, brown, or jasmine rice on your own terms and preferences.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of finding the best Japanese rice cooker for your kitchen. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out and we’ll be happy to help!