A large number of grocery stores would be closed on Christmas Day (many even shut down very early on Christmas Eve) to allow their employees a precious break and spare time to spend with their families and friends.
Also, though you are not planning a big dinner for Christmas, it’s still a great idea to stock up on all necessities so you aren’t left out in the cold on December 25th.
Why do You Need Some Grocery Stores to Remain Open on Christmas Day?
It sounds to occur at least one time at the end of the year. You take the cookbook, then move to the recipes that you marked to cook Christmas dinner, start collecting the prepared ingredients for each staple.
Unfortunately, you find that you did not buy enough of some ingredients. Perhaps there is not enough butter to make both the Christmas dishes you tended to do and beat up the Christmas cake you planned.
Perhaps there are some strange ingredients in the Christmas ham recipes that you forgot to purchase.
Or you possibly find out that you used all the last milk bottles for cookies in the holiday of Santa Clause. And now no coffee is available in your kitchen.
No matter what it is, you suddenly want to go to a grocery store on Christmas Day. It means that there is a need to know which store nearby would be open, and when it starts to work.
It is the reason for the list of grocery stores open on Christmas day. Almost all stores, including a lot of grocery stores, stop working on December 25th. Still, a number of grocery stores, convenience stores, and also dollar stores remain open for this holiday.
In case you remember what you need to buy on Christmas Eve, your alternatives are probably wider. So try to buy Christmas gifts or necessities at the last minute.
When it comes to the next day, you would have fewer options. Just take notes that the hours of every store can vary by location. Then, the advice is that you should use the online store detectors or call ahead to make sure.
Nothing is worse than spending 10 minutes scraping the screen just to be welcomed by a closed-door at the destination.
Convenience and Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Day
There’s a shortage of options with regard to grocery stores which keep open on December 25th. It is the reason the list also includes some pharmacies and convenience stores (and, amazingly, Starbucks too!), which would carry what you need for dinner or gifts.
Almost all branches would open for Christmas day and might sell at least some of the basic necessities at the ailes you are possibly seeking.
Below are the opening stores that have been checked so far, as reported by press representatives who have independently confirmed these stores’ hours with Country Living and reporting from The Balance.
- 7-Eleven: Almost all 7-Eleven stores are open 24 hours with 7 days a week – and that also encompasses Christmas Day.
- Albertsons: Most of the Albertsons stores would be open for 8 hours lasting from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Casey’s: these stores typically do not open until 10 a.m.
- Circle K/Couche-Tard: most of the locations are open 24 hours with 7 days a week.
- Cumberland Farms: most branches are open at 7 a.m.
- CVS: Most locations particularly are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Giant Food Stores: almost all stores would be open from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Rite Aid: Most Rite Aid locations keep open 24/7, even on Christmas Day.
- Safeway: just some stores remain open on Christmas Day but not all of them, so check with your closest store.
- Sheetz: these stores will be open 24/7.
- Speedway: all locations will serve 24/7.
- Starbucks: A spokesperson said Country Living that “select locations” would be open, so check with your local branch for their hours.
- Wawa: these locations are open in accordance with the regular hours.
Grocery Stores Closed on Christmas Day
If your favorite grocery store is on this list below, you can try to cook the meal with what you had or you can go to one of the aforementioned grocery stores.
The following locations say that they would shut their doors in order to allow their members to fully enjoy the holiday – yet do not forget to double-check with your local branches.
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Family Dollar
- Sam’s Club
- Stop & Shop
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Eve
Try to take all last-minute things done before Christmas day comes. Almost all grocery stores would be open on Christmas Eve, in spite of limited hours. The following locations have been confirmed to be absolutely open.
Without a doubt, it is always best to prepare the Christmas dinner menus now so that you do not have to move out of the house at all – It would be different as you go shopping online or in the local stores!
- ALDI: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- BJ’s: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costco: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- H-E-B: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Publix: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sam’s Club: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Target: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Trader Joe’s: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Walmart: Open until 6 p.m.
- Whole Foods: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Now you have a list of grocery stores open on Christmas day, so you are probably cooking a full and delicious dinner with all the gifts for your family and friends.
Keep in mind that double-check will be a great help as you would not be sure when the store is open.