This write is for all of you who are looking to buy the best griddle pan. We’ve spent hours researching and testing different pans so that we can bring you high-quality information about what products are worth your time and money.
There are many types of griddle pans available on the market today. The various sizes, shapes, and materials make it difficult to identify which type is best suited for your needs. A griddle pan is a large cooking utensil that is made of metal and typically has two long handles. It can be used for everything from sauteing vegetables to making pancakes, but it’s most often used to make pancakes. The first known use of the griddle was around 650 A.D. when monks would cook their food on them over open fires in order to save fuel. Since then, it has become one of the most essential pieces in every kitchen!
A griddle pan is one of the most versatile pieces of cookware that you can have in your kitchen. It’s a perfect size for many different dishes and makes a great surface to sear meat or vegetables on before finishing them off in the oven. The 13 best griddle pans are listed below, so check out this guide if you’re looking for a new addition to your collection!
- What Is A Griddle Pan?
- List Of 13 Best Griddle Pan Reviews
- 1. OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Black Griddle Pan
- 2. COOKSMARK 11-Inch Copper Griddle Pan for Stove Top
- 3. Caannasweis Griddle Pan
- 4. Square Die Casting Aluminum Grill Pan with Detachable Handle
- 5. Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan
- 6. Jean Patrique The Whatever Pan – Cast Aluminium Griddle Pan with Glass Lid
- 7. The Anything Pan – A square, non-stick griddle pan
- 8. OBR KING Square Cast Iron Grill Pan 9 inch Stove Top Griddle Pan
- 9. NutriChef Hard-Anodized Non stick Grill & Griddle Pan
- 10. KAPAS Premium BBQ Flat Top Griddle Pan
- 11. The Whatever Pan XL with Glass Lid
- 12. Griddle Aluminum Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan
- 13. Ecolution Non-Stick Griddle Pan
- How to Choose the Best Griddle Pan for Your Needs
- How To Use Your Griddle Pan
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Griddle Pan?
A griddle pan is a type of cooking plate, which is used for all sorts of dishes, but initially, it was designed to prepare pancakes. A griddle pan usually has a flat bottom and rippled or smooth sidewalls. Griddles are often made of cast iron plates with various coatings that allow for even heat distribution and prevent food from sticking on the surface. These round cooking pans come in different sizes and some models include features like wooden handles or pour spouts on both sides. However, these types aren’t as popular as round grill-style griddles. The advantage of using nonstick cookware is that people don’t have to use oil or butter when preparing their food, so the taste won’t be altered by those ingredients.
List Of 13 Best Griddle Pan Reviews
1. OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Black Griddle Pan
- Custom-sized to fit your stovetop, the OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Black Griddle Pan is perfect for making a delicious black and white pancake or omelet. The heavy-gauge steel griddle delivers quick, even cooking and evenly spaced grooves on both sides promote healthful browning. This 11″ pan includes a smooth anodized aluminum body that distributes heat well and resists wear from metal utensils without breaking down like other pans with plastic handles.
- A 3 layer PFOA-free nonstick coating creates healthy meals with fewer oils thanks to superior food release for a gentler cleaning. Rolled edges make dry foods drip-proof so you can quickly serve hearty dishes.
- This OXO Nonstick Griddle is hard-anodized and dishwasher safe so it will last through countless domestic experiments like gluten-free pancakes or vegan tacos. And with two spacious handles, this best griddle pan makes cooking large meals more enjoyable.
- The OXO Good Grips Pro Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Black Griddle Pan provides all the cooking space of a big stovetop griddle without taking up any counter space.
2. COOKSMARK 11-Inch Copper Griddle Pan for Stove Top
- 11-inch copper griddle pan features a nonstick surface that is PFOA/lead/cadmium free and made to last. An ideal choice for cooking omelets, fried eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausages, and other cooked slices of meat. And with our premium coating, you can drain off your favorite dish easily–without using butter or oil.
- A fast and easy way to turn your stovetop into a griddle, this 11-inch square pan with a nonstick surface is great for cooking omelets, fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, and meat as well as baking cakes. A premium nonstick coating means food slides effortlessly off the surface requiring minimal oil or butter during cooking. The copper interior is ultra-durable and highly scratch resistant. An ideal choice for everyday use!
- This professional quality, the best copper griddle pan is stylish with practicality in mind. The thick aluminum core provides an even heat distribution that makes for evenly cooked food. The nonstick finish prevents sticking and cleans up easily with soap and water or a quick run through the dishwasher. With very little surface area on the sides of the pan, this handy cookware is easy to store when not in use.
- Using the strong nonstick copper griddle, almost any dish from eggs to stir fry comes out perfectly cooked every time. With its oven-safe temperatures up to 350℉ (although we recommend 350℉ as a maximum), this pan can be used in the kitchen or cooked over an open flame outdoors!
3. Caannasweis Griddle Pan
- Cook healthier and easier with the Caannasweis Griddle pan! This stone-coated pan is an innovative product that imitates the shape of marble rocks. Stones have a nonstick finish, so you can cook your dishes more easily without spending extra time on clean up too! Available in blue, green, brown, or black. 11-inch size comes with an aluminum cover for easy cleaning between dish uses.
- Make your daily cooking easier with Stone Coating Pan – a dishwasher-safe, nonstick stone coating griddle pan from the award-winning Caannasweis brand.
- The steel skillet is made from durable 18/10 stainless steel and coated in a proprietary, 100% nonstick finish that guarantees a quick release of food.
- Made from premium-grade aluminum alloy material, the magnetized base boasts modern technology and thorough engineering to provide even heat distribution and quick cooking at any stovetop including induction, gas, ceramic electric halogen & solid fuel.
- The long-lasting fusion produces no nonstick wear to keep it looking brand new whilst satisfying serious cooks who may be particular about ensuring their pan does not chip away like many lower-quality counterparts often do!
4. Square Die Casting Aluminum Grill Pan with Detachable Handle
- The Moss and Stone Grill Pan is cooked with innovative features that make cooking easier. Maximize your comfort by enjoying the comfortable grip of our pan and cooking on an even-heated nonstick surface. Oven safe up to 480°F, this grill pan can do it all from roasting vegetables, fish, chicken, BBQ meat steaks, to making homemade burger patties right on your stovetop!
- This sturdy construction with a thicker bottom provides even heat distribution which will help fry or roast all your favorite items in the healthiest way possible.
- Moss & Stone grill die-casting aluminum grill pan creates healthier dishes by evenly distributing heat and preventing food from coming in contact with direct flames. It has a detachable handle and is oven safe up to 480°F (260°C). Non-stick coating allows it the easy release of flavorful cooked foods without overcooking offering lower fat storage when cooling down.
- The Square Die Casting Aluminum Grill Pan with Detachable Handle is a nice alternative to the outdoor bbq that you can use in any weather or event. Along with its lightweight and non-stick coating, it also guarantees easy cooking even without much preparation. Keep your next party at home in an exceptionally relaxing manner!
5. Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan
- With this Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan you can enjoy effortless cooking without the worries of food sticking to your pan! With a durable non-stick coating that’s manufactured without PFOA, this product allows for less stress eating.
- The Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan is perfect for flipping eggs with one hand, cooking pancakes in droplets of butter, or just grilled cheese with the pan’s smooth finish that lets food glide away.
- The Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan also comes complete with an aluminum pancake turner so you can flip your favorite foods without pesky spatters all over the stovetop.
- The Goodful Aluminum Non-Stick Square Griddle Pan is a wonderful cooking surface that provides a large, nonstick space for your morning meals. The professional frying pan is perfect for flipping larger foods like pancakes and omelets with the included nylon turner without the worry of scratching the pan’s durable aluminum material. This dishwasher-safe skillet comes with an easy cleaning feature to ensure you’re never stuck having to scrub it down!
6. Jean Patrique The Whatever Pan – Cast Aluminium Griddle Pan with Glass Lid
- An all-purpose cooking implement, the Jean Patrique The Whatever Pan – Cast Aluminium Griddle Pan with Glass Lid is a versatile kitchen tool. Its high-quality die-cast aluminum construction delivers uniform heating and powerful searing, grilling, and caramelizing to satisfy any culinary situation. With a heavy gauge steel handle for balance and an extra deep groove in the sides made from strong silicone that minimizes messes while keeping hands safely away from heat.
- Whoever would have thought to combine the simplicity of a cast aluminum griddle pan with all the necessary features to make it light, deep-sided, and practical. The high-quality die-cast aluminum is oven safe making it perfect for sandwiches, quesadillas, pancakes, meatloaf- you name it! Nothing sticks thanks to its non-stick coating that promises easy cleanup.
- With a versatile design and high-quality performance, the Whatever Pan is perfect for any situation. It’s induction compatible, oven safe up to 250°C, and features a non-stick surface so you can cook with less oil. Choose from either aluminum or cast aluminum whenever your cooking needs change!
7. The Anything Pan – A square, non-stick griddle pan
- The Anything Pan is perfect for grilling vegetables, cooking steaks, and preparing big meals. The pan is suitable for use on any stovetop or oven which means you can enjoy the crispy taste of fried chicken in your kitchen or roast whole chickens during your long winter nights out in the open. A healthy alternative to frying with oil, this pan has a non-stick surface that allows food to easily slide off without much effort!
- The Anything Pan is the perfect stovetop griddle for making family-sized meals. It’s large enough to cook tasty meals for the whole family or sear steaks with professional results. The side walls are heavy-duty, and they can withstand oven temperatures up to 250°C / 480°F, so it’s also an excellent choice for baking bread and cakes in the oven. The non-stick surface helps you cook without added fats or oils that would then be absorbed by your food giving you a healthier way of cooking amazing dishes!
- The Anything Pan is a square, non-stick griddle pan that’s multifunctional – you can use it on the stovetop for everything from making pancakes to sauteing onions. It can be used in the oven so you have one less pot or grill. The handle detaches so it’s easy to clean and store.
8. OBR KING Square Cast Iron Grill Pan 9 inch Stove Top Griddle Pan
- This incredible item is non-coated and chemical-free which ensures even heating and isn’t prone to sticking as you might experience with coated pans. It also adds many benefits such as a striped design that reduces char marks on your food, providing healthier meals; it has a pour spout for easy cleanup, and it’s one of the only griddles without side handles – making manipulation much easier.
- The OBR KING Square Cast Iron Grill Pan is perfect for anyone who’s following a strict diet. This 9-inch stove top griddle pan features a unique, non-coating design that not only ensures even heating but also allows food to retain more nutrients. If you are looking for healthy eating without sacrificing flavor, this grill pan will leave proper char marks on your food while maintaining the nutritional content of the food.
- Made with gray cast iron, this durable skillet offers excellent heat distribution and can be used with any type or size of stovetop burner. It also comes equipped with a pour spout which makes removing excess grease easier than ever!
- The OBR KING 9-inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan is perfect for all your stovetop cooking needs. Featuring a convenient pour spout, the grill pan can be used to sear, fry, saute, roast, and broil with ease. It states that it works well for steak as well as vegetables like bacon and zucchini. The best part about this product is that it can withstand oven use as well as grilling on camping sites or other locations off of an artificial flame; excluding the microwave!
9. NutriChef Hard-Anodized Non stick Grill & Griddle Pan
- Its ridged surface adds unique flavor and marks without the need of oil, butter, or cooking spray. Simple clean up guarantees delicious meals in no time!
- The NutriChef Hard-Anodized Non stick Grill & Griddle Pan features a high ridged cooking surface that’s excellent for grilling food as well as adding those signature grill marks by keeping oil from saturating the surface. The non-stick cookware requires no butter, oil, or cooking spray avoiding unhealthy fats and avoiding splatters to protect your stove top from damage. Raising the bar with design and innovation, this grill pan makes it easy to prepare delicious homemade meals faster than ever before.
- NutriChef Hard-Anodized Non stick Grill & Griddle Pan made of heavy gauge aluminum with hard anodizing for scratch resistant finish. Durable and efficient PTFE-free nonstick coating allows buttery grill marks to form on meat while the underside stays perfectly browned without so much as a drop of oil! Excellent heat-resistant up to 500°F.
- Quirky handles are designed in accordance to ergonomic guidelines which enables comfort when handling this pan for cooking large servings or living alone. You may use it with gas, ceramic, glass, halogen cooktops but hand washing recommended in order to prolong its life expectancy according to your needs.
- Heavy Duty Iron Steel Flat Top Griddle is heat resistant, portable and easy to wash up. This grill has edges that are raised to guard against spills or drips which prevents flare-ups. Covering two burners, it’s perfect for making pancakes for breakfast and fajitas for lunch!
- The best griddle pan length is at a reach of 17″, making it perfect for cooking breakfast, dinner, or lunch! The steel ensures that your food is cooked evenly to delicious perfection with little to no hotspots unlike aluminum which can brown too quickly without an even distribution of heat.
- The steel also provides protection from unwanted scratches and burns you might be experiencing earlier on due to low quality aluminum materials. With dimensions measuring only 17x32x2.5in, this flat top gristlet fits perfectly over.
- The KAPAS Heavy Duty Flat Top Griddle Pan 32″ wide with its Cooking Area of 32″x 17″ is perfect for breakfast and lunch meal preparation, especially when cooking fajitas.The patented double burner design on this grime can provide more even heat distribution while the non-stick surface make cleanup a breeze, thanks to the durable metal it’s constructed.
11. The Whatever Pan XL with Glass Lid
- The Whatever Pan XL with Glass Lid is made of high quality cast aluminium, has a great size for your grilling needs and also comes with the life-saving glass lid. It’s firm, it’s durable and will allow you to easily cook whatever you want on it!
- The whole family can enjoy crispy meat or an easy roast dinner. When school starts all our time gets taken up so this new invention will help us save hours in the kitchen during dinnertime! Come see how The Whatever Pan XL helps take pressure off dinnertime tonight by cooking all sorts of meals quickly and sustainably.
- The Whatever Pan XL with Glass Lid from Jean Patrique combines expert design and high-quality materials to make cooking for the whole family a breeze! Available in 5 different sizes, this best griddle pan offers powerful heat retention thanks to its aluminum construction. Enjoy deliciously seared steak, chargrilled chicken or whatever else you love – all with even heating across the full surface area.
- This exceptional pan features exclusive griddle lines and deep ridges; perfect for cooking delicate items like shakshuka or poaching eggs to crispy perfection.
- The Whatever Pan XL with Glass Lid is the perfect pan for all your cooking needs. This griddle, braiser, and roaster can be used on any stovetop or over an open fire. The deep 1.8 inch side walls prevent spillage, while locking in flavour. Compatible with induction stoves too! Non-stick surface makes for easy cleaning and healthy cooking (cooking less oil produces tastier meals!) The non-toxic coating never rusts so this versatile pan will last you a lifetime.
12. Griddle Aluminum Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan
- The Moss & Stone nonstick grilling pan is perfect for cooking high-quality tasting cuisine. It’s coated with a durable, long-lasting nonstick for easy food release and cleanup. The comfortable handle provides safety and stability when handling the dish on the stovetop or swinging it around to pour off any excess grease.
- Whether you’re new to grilling or a master of the grill, the Moss & Stone Griddle is an essential for anyone. Our lightweight and easily-handled product will make cooking a breeze with its comfortable handle and durable nonstick coating.
- The Griddle Aluminum Nonstick Stove Top Square Grill Pan is perfect for indoor or outdoor cooking. Just pour in some low fat marinade, spices, and vegetables then let the dinner preparation begin! And you don’t need to worry about draining away any excess grease because our nonstick aluminum will scrap that off the bottom of your food before it harms your waistline.
- It’s lightweight at only 1lb so you can take it with you no matter where life takes you. With this pan, grill classics to perfection on any stove top or gas burner at home or camping too! The two pour spouts are designed to aid in transferring food after cooking which is hassle free and healthy for all types of diets.
13. Ecolution Non-Stick Griddle Pan
- At the heart of this pan is an aluminum construction which provides even heating so you can cook your whole meal on one surface. The Ecolution Non-Stick Griddle Pan Dishwasher Safe, Silicone Handle is safe for use in your dishwasher between uses, saving you time on clean up.
- The Ecolution Non-Stick Griddle Pan is a versatile and easy to use griddle pan for cooking breakfast classics like pancakes, bacon, eggs, bacon. It can also cook up your favorite steak dinner dish with ease! This aluminum griddle pan features an even temperature that allows you to evenly cook your food across it surface area.
- The dishwasher safe design of this product makes clean up easy each time you’re ready to put it away, and its versatile nature accommodates all your favorite dishes so you’ll never have the same breakfast!
- Ecolution Non-Stick Griddle Pan comfortable grip silicone handle combined with its 11″ cooking surface let you do more in the kitchen!
How to Choose the Best Griddle Pan for Your Needs
A griddle pan can be a great addition to your kitchen. Even if you already have a barbecue in the back garden, it’s good to have a smaller cooking surface in the kitchen perfect for small meals and snacks. When choosing the best griddle pan for you, there are certain things that you need to take into consideration. Firstly, think about how often you cook on it, will it only sit in the cupboard unused until next summer or do you want something that is easy to keep clean and can be used all year round? Then think about what type of hob you have, how large is it and does your other pans fit neatly over that size?
You should also consider how much space do you have available on your worktop, consider that if you have the hob in the middle of the worktop, then you will need to be able to move it around when cooking different dishes. When choosing your griddle pan, always buy one slightly bigger than your ideal size so that nothing falls over or under it, and never choose a small pan because you think it will save space. Unless you are only cooking for one person, there is no point in having a tiny griddle pan.
Stainless steel griddle pans have been around for a while, but there are now alternatives available. One of the newer materials used is carbon steel. It is much lighter than stainless steel which makes it easier to lift and store in your kitchen cupboard when you aren’t using it. This type of griddle pan also heats up very quickly, which is helpful when cooking something that needs to be done fast. There are some drawbacks to carbon steel however, they can rust if not dried properly after washing, so make sure you dry them thoroughly by hand before putting them away. They will also need seasoning regularly before use, so follow instructions carefully when you buy one or follow this link for instructions on how to season a new carbon steel pan.
Griddle pans with non-stick coating are usually made of ceramic or Teflon. Ceramic griddle pans are more expensive than their carbon steel counterparts, but they are easier to look after and last for years without needing any special maintenance. The surfaces of the pan do not need seasoning, also they don’t require much oil when cooking which can help you reduce calorie intake especially if you want to use it as a grill pan. If you think about it, non-stick frying pans have a very similar surface so that is a good thing to keep in mind if you plan on buying one as well because that would mean that your other frying pan would be perfect as a griddle too
Teflon-coated griddle pans work in a very similar way to ceramic ones, they’re non-stick and easy to clean. The only difference is that you will need to use oil when cooking on them, whereas griddle pans with a ceramic coating do not require that.
The way that heat is conducted through a griddle pan is very important when choosing one. The metal should be thick enough to retain the heat but not too much as this would make it harder to control the temperature. Also, another aspect of the pan you need to consider is whether or not it has a lip as this can make a huge difference as well as with cleaning and also the type of handle, do you want one with a non-stick coating? Also, try and avoid handles made from plastic because they can melt easily at high temperatures.
Griddle pans usually have wooden or silicone handles that aren’t removable, but they do need to be heat-proof. Avoid plastic handles as these can melt at high temperatures and make sure the handle feels comfortable in your hand as you may spend quite a bit of time holding it while cooking. Wooden handles are very easy to clean, but if they don’t feel right for you, then there are many other types of handles available such as those with a non-stick coating like Teflon and also stainless steel which is very smooth and has no ridges. Some griddle pans come with rubber grips which help when lifting the pan up from the hob because it won’t slip around.
Size and Shape
You need to consider what you want to use your griddle pan for as well as how many people you are cooking for. If it’s just for yourself, then a smaller sized one will be fine but if you’re cooking pancakes or bacon in batches then choose a bigger one. Round pans have the advantage of being able to flip the food over without having to pick up anything which makes them very versatile and easy to use.
Griddle pans with thick metal and good heat distribution distribute the heat evenly throughout the cooking surface, so if you’re planning to use it for searing then it’s important that your griddle has this feature.
The materials used in a pan can affect how well heat is distributed, so try and choose one made from thick carbon steel or thick aluminum.
Bare or Enameled Surface
A bare carbon steel griddle will require lots of seasoning before you can use it, but the reward is that you won’t need to use oil when cooking with it. If you don’t want to go through all the time and hard work of seasoning it, then enameled versions are available. Enameled versions are usually more expensive than bare bones but they require less preparation before you start cooking.
Safe to use
Always check what the pan is made from before you buy it. If the label says that it’s PFOA or PTFE free then you can be sure that it won’t release any harmful fumes when cooking. Also, make sure to check for this if you’re buying online as well.
This is the main part of a griddle pan, but you can’t judge it by looking at it because the thickness depends on the metal’s density. Also, make sure there are no rivets in the cooking area as these can trap food particles which aren’t ideal for thorough cleaning. Cooking Surface Density The cooking surface density refers to how heavy an individual square inch of a griddle pan feels when you hold it in your hand. A good quality one will have a high number which means that there has been more metal used making it thicker and thus providing better heat distribution. Many cheaper versions may be less dense so they will conduct heat faster than higher-quality versions so you might need to use more heat.
Griddle pans can range in price from just £10 -£50 but the cheaper ones are often made from thinner metals which means that they will conduct heat faster than higher-quality versions so you might need to use more heat. The best ones tend to be sturdier and have an aluminum or carbon steel cooking surface with no rivets, and these can cost around £30-£60 depending on size. At this price, they will also usually come with a lifetime warranty.
How To Use Your Griddle Pan
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I look for when buying a griddle pan?
Griddle plates should have no gaps to allow grease to seep into the body. Look for fully welded or one-piece castings, and splash guards integrated so there’s no chance of food getting onto your clothes while cooking on these surfaces! Larger units offer better flexibility in the energy-saving capacity as well-you don’t want just any old “flip top” from Walmart when you’re talking about high volume kitchens.
2. How do you keep food from sticking to the griddle pan?
Place butter or oil in a saucepan and heat until shimmering. Place gently into the pan with eggs, then fry on both sides until golden brown.
You can use cooking fats such as butter & oils for frying your omelet! Provost recommends using butter over olive oil because “the anti-sticking emulsifiers are better.
3. Should I oil a griddle pan?
Oil is an essential ingredient for the best possible results when it comes to griddle cooking. Applying oil before you start your stovetop or outdoor grill will make sure that all of your food doesn’t stick, making cleanup much easier! The final product tastes better too because there isn’t any residue on dishes thanks in part to using plenty along with other methods used during meal preparation like brushing away excess fat after searing meat so they don’t come into contact surfaces where fats can accumulate which would alter flavor profile significantly if not altogether ruin anything eaten cooked this way at all just check out these 5 ways people are saving time while.
4. What are the benefits of a griddle pan?
The benefit of a griddle pan is that you don’t need to oil the whole surface, just your food. This means less grease on the end product and quicker cleanup! You’ll also want to preheat it for about five minutes before cooking; this can be done either by heating up in advance or medium-high heat on an open burner.
5. Can you cook steak in a griddle pan?
The best way to cook a steak indoors is on the griddle. The surface of your cast iron pan will keep it from cooling off, ensuring that you’ll get tender and juicy meat no matter how long it takes for the cooking process!
Buying a griddle pan is not an easy task. There are so many options and choices that it can be difficult to decide which one will work best for you. That’s why we’ve done the hard work of researching and testing multiple pans so you don’t have to! We hope this article has helped answer some questions about what features matter most in your search for the perfect product, as well as given you ideas on where else to look if our top pick doesn’t suit your needs. Thank you again for reading, and feel free to reach out with any questions or comments below!
In this write, we’ve shared the 10 best griddle pans. The goal is to help you find a pan that will work in your kitchen and meet your needs without breaking the bank. Whether you’re just starting out or have been cooking for years, there’s a high-quality pan on our list below that should fit what you need!