A gas cooktop with downdraft is an excellent way to create a near-perfect cooking environment. A downdraft stove pulls the smoke and odors from the oven out of your kitchen, while also creating a current of fresh air that can circulate around your kitchen. This will not only make you feel more comfortable in your own home, but it will also extend the life span of all your appliances.
The best gas cooktop with downdraft is a great way to keep the kitchen cool while cooking. The downdraft system creates an updraft that pulls hot air from the stove and vents it outside of your home for maximum efficiency. In this blog post, we will list some of our favorite gas cooktops with downdrafts for you to pick from!
- Benefits of Having a Gas Cooktop with Downdraft
- List of 13 Best Gas Cooktop with Downdrafts Reviews
- 1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QB Gallery 30-Inch Gas Cooktop
- 2. GE JGP5036SLSS 36 Built-In Gas Cooktop
- 3. ZLINE 30 in. Dropin Cooktop with 4 Gas Burners (RC30)
- 4. FOTILE GLS30501 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
- 5. Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop
- 6. Dacor HCT365GSNG Heritage Series 36 Inch Natural Gas Cooktop
- 7. Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops
- 8. GE JGP3030SLSS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 9. Cosmo 850SLTX-E Gas Cooktop with 5 Burners
- 10. GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 11. FRIGIDAIRE FPGC3077RS Professional 30-Inch Gas Cooktop
- 12. thermomate 30 Inch Built In Gas Cooktop
- 13. Empava 36″ Bulit-in Tempered Glass Gas Cooktops
- Some Tips for Choose the Best Gas Cooktops with Downdrafts
- How to Remove Downdraft Gas Cooktop
Benefits of Having a Gas Cooktop with Downdraft
There are many different benefits to having a gas cooktop with downdraft that every home should know about. In addition, they’re very efficient and cause less heat buildup in the room. They can be integrated into most kitchen counters and usually have a cupboard space below them where all of the components for the ventilation system go. There’s no need to modify your current countertops, so if you’re looking for an easy solution without major renovations this is it. Here we will discuss some benefits why you should consider purchasing one of these appliances.
One benefit of having a downdraft gas stove is safety because it reduces the chance of fires and burns dramatically when compared to other types such as electric cooktops. The fires that do occur are usually the result of spilling hot liquids, which isn’t as likely to happen with a downdraft because it has a special feature built-in that keeps everything contained inside the stovetop. This reduces the risk even further because any possible spills will be underneath and not all over the cooking area itself.
Another benefit to having a gas cooktop with downdraft is energy efficiency, so you’ll be helping out the environment too! These appliances use up less electricity than standard electric or induction kitchen stoves, so adding one will lower those high monthly bills to help your wallet out too. In addition, ovens can heat up significantly, wasting additional energy as well as increasing your home’s overall temperature. With a downdraft, you’ll be reducing these problems because it forces the air to go underneath and cools off the oven quickly.
These appliances also come in various styles, so you can choose one that fits well with your current kitchen décor. This allows you to get rid of that old appliance and replace it with something newer and better, while still having all of the same benefits. The design is very sleek and polished too, without any heavy external components or things sticking up to obstruct your countertops. They can also be easily removed when cleaning behind them to make scrubbing easier too. Overall they look much cleaner and more modern than most other types today, which makes them fashionable as well as functional.
Ease of Use
Gas cooktops are much easier to use than traditional electric stoves, which is another reason why you should consider making the switch. Although they’re not that different at first, using one for a while will make it very clear how easy it really is and all of those benefits we just discussed can be yours with ease! Electric stoves on the other hand have their own set of problems such as uneven heating and many require some sort of external ventilation setup, none of which comes standard like gas appliances do. This means an additional cost and less usability overall if you want them to be effective, so it’s best to stick with something more reliable.
No Venting Required
One of the last benefits to these appliances is that they don’t require any external venting because all of the air goes down below and outside through your existing ventilation system. This is something that you will probably need to do with an electric stove, which increases installation costs as well as property damage if it’s not done right due to safety reasons. Most people don’t think about this small detail, but once you’ve used a downdraft you’ll realize how much more simple and streamlined everything is without having to worry about it.
List of 13 Best Gas Cooktop with Downdrafts Reviews
1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QB Gallery 30-Inch Gas Cooktop
- Frigidaire Gallery 30″ Gas Cooktop is perfect for the family cook. This large-capacity cooktop offers ample cooking area, so you can quickly produce multiple dishes at once. The cast-iron surface is durable and easy to clean – just wipe it down with a damp cloth or potholder.
- It features instant temperature control that anticipates your needs with an automatic flow of gas that’s consistent over the entire range of burner sizes, which means you’ll spend less time waiting for the heat to build upon any size pan. The dented-in backyard keeps kids safe from poking their fingers against open flame jets at the rear edge of the work surface (height may require rolling out stove grate).
- Leave your pots and pans to the pros with a downdraft gas cooktop lovingly designed for real chefs like you. Cook like a pro by using dual racks, variable burner temps, and continuous, corner-to-corner grates that allow heavy pots and pans to be lifted or slid without all the weight on your arms. Clean it up quickly thanks to dishwasher-safe cast iron cooktop grates that contain spills and make cleanup easy.
2. GE JGP5036SLSS 36 Built-In Gas Cooktop
- The GE JGP5036SLSS gas cooktop is an easy way to add sophisticated cooking and quick cleanup inside your kitchen. The fully integrated design features a 36″ wide space with 6 sealed electric elements and 2 large rapid-boil “hot spots.” These can support everything from frying bacon to boiling pasta in one spot, or make dishes simultaneously with joint cooking zones. Its durable steel construction has a porcelain enamel finish that resists scratching and corrosion, giving you years of worry-free performance.
- Fits a wide range of kitchen dimensions with flexible installation methods to meet your needs. Cooktops can be installed in two different ways: Horizontal or vertical, depending on the specific setup and plans for the cooking area.
- The controls are well-positioned and clearly labeled at eye level, which makes it easy for anyone from kids to elderly adults to master them quickly. No need for bending down or stretching either way. In addition to that, they’re nice and responsive when you touch them -there’s no waiting around! And if you ever find yourself with an extra burner (or four), GE offers conversion kits.
3. ZLINE 30 in. Dropin Cooktop with 4 Gas Burners (RC30)
- The Professional 30″ Drop-in Cooktop is perfect for any business that demands high-quality work performance. Handsome, crisp ebony granite with touches of stainless steel brings plenty of elegance to kitchen or catering applications.
- Importing Italian, handmade gas burners made high standards even higher; these customized creations offer features like temperature control and complete cooking capability. The four-burner version includes all the extras you need to make your mealtime meet your expectations like accessibility (front loading), dependability (professional grade), and quick heat-up times–talk about efficiency!
- Its durable stainless steel finish is easy to maintain and shines beautifully on any island design. The hand-finish, one-piece cooktop allows for a neat and tidy cooking space without the need of cleaning hard-to-reach crevices. Your guests will be wowed by a sleek 4 burner that heats up over 18000 BTUs of power!
4. FOTILE GLS30501 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
- The FOTILE GLS30501 Cooktop is a premium quality functioning and easy to clean gas stove. With 304 food-grade stainless steel surface and durable parts including edge-to-edge heavy cast iron grates, wok support attachments for easy pans, and pots maneuverability, this innovative stove comes with a one-second fast ignition system, heat resistant knobs, installation kit, and LP conversion kit.
- The Stainless Steel design guarantees that it is very simple to clean! When the burners are removed, simply wipe or spray with water. Also offered by FOTILE are 5-year warranties on cooking’s essential household appliance package deals – all at an affordable price.
- Always be in the kitchen cooking in style with the FOTILE GLS30501 30″ Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop. Boiling, searing, pan-frying, and stir-frying are all fantastic for this cooktop’s versatile higher output 21,000 BTUS burner. Two 13,000 BTUS left burners are dedicated to high heat along with optional griddle controls.
- Finally, two 6,000BTUs simmering centers provide low heat to execute delicate cuisine. The safety device installed in each burner unit automatically cuts off the gas supply when the flame goes out preventing leaks and pot boil over disasters.
5. Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop
- The Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop is perfect for cooking on any occasion. LPG/NG Convertible (Both Nozzles Included) allows you to switch from propane to natural gas, and it has a manual operation that works without electricity.
- It can be used as a multi-purpose cooktop in RVs, small kitchens, and outside as well as installing it above an Empava 18 inch under-counter single wall oven. The 5 World Class Made in Italy SABAF burner delivers the same heat energy to both natural gas and propane models for reliable cooking power all year round.
- The Empava 30″ Gas Stove Cooktop is built with heightened safety and durability in mind. With sealed burners to prevent food from falling into them, this cooktop will provide you with a reliable cooktop for years to come.
- The durable knobs and laser-cut full-width edge-to-edge heavy cast iron grates can be cleaned in the dishwasher for hassle-free, effortless cleaning and maintenance. This gas stove features 4 different versatile burner sizes: Dual Ring 12000-BTU burner, 10000 BTU burner, 5000 BTU low flame power outputting up to 7200-BTUs.
6. Dacor HCT365GSNG Heritage Series 36 Inch Natural Gas Cooktop
- The 36″ Energy Star Rated Heritage Series Gas Cooktop from Dacor is the best addition to your kitchen. With 5 brass burners, Perma-Flame Technology, and SmartFlame Technology, you can be sure that this unit will help you in cooking up all kinds of delicious meals. For large families or restaurant owners, this best gas cooktop with downdraft is designed for you!
- The Heritage Series cooktop reaches up to 36″ across and comes with five brass burners that range from the top burner at 8k BTU to the dual-ring burner on the other end at 16k BTUs. The safety features include flame safety valves, stay put knobs, bayonet connection for safety connectors, spark ignition system to cut down on gas odor emissions during operation, and Duplex Catalytic Converter which is certified by California Air Resources Board.
- Duplex Catalytic converters are designed to reduce both hydrocarbon emissions (HC) and unburned natural gas (UG) into CO2 than water vapor through oxidation of unburned natural gases under adverse operating conditions.
7. Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops
- Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops is the latest model of Deli-Kit, made to last with its high quality, modern design, and style. The burners are easy to clean and adjustable for your needs. Make cooking or preparing food much easier than ever before!
- The Deli-kit 30 inch Gas Cooktops is a cooktop that looks very professional. The stainless steel surface can be made to look brand new with ease, and the best gas cooktop with downdraft will match any kitchen style from modern to traditional.
- An ideal balance between size and function. Efficiency, practicality, quality; are words that make this product stand out in the marketplace. Not to mention its modern looks will be perfect for any kitchen setting like easy access because it’s designed with great ergonomics for maximum operating comfort.
8. GE JGP3030SLSS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- GE JGP3030SLSS is a stainless steel gas cooktop that offers three cooking zones, providing more flexibility. The scratch-resistant black gloss ceramic glass surface is easy to clean and compatible with different pan sizes.
- Include one of four optional grates for specific dishes! The appliance can be installed by two qualified people in about 30 minutes, no need to hire specialists or contractors! Feel safe because it uses childproof accurate oven controls to make sure nothing gets spoiled without you even noticing it.
- The burner grates are porcelain-coated which makes them easy to clean and easier to maintain; they also heat up faster than any other metal surface. With a powerful, high-efficiency condensing boiler that’s behind a simple dial for precise temperature control, you’ll be cooking in no time! And with six powerful functions – simmer, rapid boil, or power boil functions too, all of which let you adjust the flame size from light to intense – your food will never have been more succulent.
9. Cosmo 850SLTX-E Gas Cooktop with 5 Burners
- The Cosmo 850SLTX-E is a modern and stylish Gas Cooktop. The unit features five sealed burners – a 16,000 BTU Burner for high heat, an 8,500 BTU Burner for slightly slower cooking times, two 6,800 Burners perfect for frying foods at lower temperatures, and a 5,000 BTU Burner.
- This model also comes with a front metal constructed knobs which are heavy-duty as well as flat cast iron cooking grates that offer total control over your meal preparation. Enjoy Chef quality meals from the comfort of your own home with this product!
- This cooktop is equipped with advanced safety, 5-year limited parts, and a liquid propane conversion kit sold separately. For a safer and more efficient option, this product’s electronic ignition system is equipped to provide you with quick and simple features that will make cooking easy for everyone in your household.
- Additionally, its flame failure technology ensures that the gas flow will be automatically turned off if the appliance doesn’t reignite for 30 seconds. With its 3-prong plug to keep sparks safe from harm’s way, this product’s electrical requirements fall under regular AC 110V or 120V power outlets. Be sure to check out our catalog page today!
10. GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop
- GASLAND Chef GH1304SS 30 Inch Gas Cooktop is constructed of 304 stainless steel with sealed burners to prevent food from falling in. The electric pulse ignition makes cooking easier than ever! Extra-wide 4-burner gas cooktop, CBA certified for US and Canada, this durable 20″ range will last you years down the road. Friendly easy clean-up with water or detergent, be sure to check out all the versatile cooking duty that comes in one product.
- This 4 burners gas cooktop with downdraft is perfect for a household with many people. With four powerful high efficiency sealed burners and two simmering burners, you can have dinner prepared in just one session. The elegant cast iron grate with 30-inch grates allows you to keep your small pots from falling into the large burner.
- The 10,300 BTU high output burner has a larger size for boiling and searing, while the 4000 and 7000 BTU simmering burners are great for more delicate covered dishes. With an easy-to-handle-covered probe thermometer on side of the grill pan monitor oil temperature from different angles without lifting the lid or peering over the stovetop rim-you’ll be able to reheat salad dressing precisely before serving!
11. FRIGIDAIRE FPGC3077RS Professional 30-Inch Gas Cooktop
- The Professional 30-Inch Gas Cooktop – an XXL cooktop made for your oversized kitchen. The 4″ H x 30″ W cooking surface has room to fit any pan or pot you’ve got, but it’s still compact enough to take up minimal counter space in your kitchen. It features a sleek design with all of the modern conveniences like electronic ignition.
- Building on this advanced infrastructure, we included a Cooking Griddle & Liquid Propane Conversion Kit right in the purchase price so you’re ready to go as soon as the unit arrives at your door-no need for extra expense or hassle!
- Transforming your kitchen and home into true culinary space, this gas cooktop with downdraft provides an efficient and versatile range of high-powered performance. Equipped with four 18,200 BTU burners, you can prepare whatever dishes your heart desires no matter what cooking technique you prefer; convenient features like low residual heat lights let you keep the cooktop on when serving without overheating the room.
- The stainless steel knobs add a touch of elegance to any kitchen or grilling station while durable cast-iron grates allow for easy stirring and sliding. When it comes time to clean up after dinner, we all know how important it is not to take too much time and labor away from our families.
12. thermomate 30 Inch Built In Gas Cooktop
- The thermomate 30-inch built-in gas cooktop has a high-efficiency burner that disperses even heat to meet the demands of every task. It provides versatility with its 9500-BTU triple ring wok burner, 6500-BTU rapid burner, 5×5000-BTU semi-rapid burners, and 1×2800 BTU auxiliary burner. This kitchen appliance also offers flame-out protection as well as a thermocouple system that strategically turns off the gas if there is a fault.
- Infused with the cooking power of up to 28800BTU, this spacious Thermomate 30 Inch Built-in Gas Cooktop will help you cook delicious dishes with ease. Easy-to-clean 304 grade Stainless Steel finish is easy to maintain, while the front plastic metal composite knobs can withstand high temperatures and heavy-duty flat cast iron cooking grates are perfect for keeping your pots stable.
- Suitable for use in small kitchens or RVs, this product guarantees superior value at a price that won’t cause tension – making it the smart choice when upgrading your kitchen today.
13. Empava 36″ Bulit-in Tempered Glass Gas Cooktops
- The Empava 36″ Stainless Steel Cooktop with recessed burner offers versatility and precision. This cooktop is made from durable stainless steel that can be cleaned in the dishwasher, making it easy to maintain.
- It features four different size burners for all your cooking needs including a 12000-BTU Dual Ring burner with a 20,000 BTU Baking Convoy Burner which allows you to make delicate dishes or create crispy griddle favorites when you need them most. This solid kitchen investment will provide years of reliable performance and minimal upkeep while remaining sleek and professional-looking on your countertop.
- Empava 36″ Built-in Tempered Glass Gas Cooktops are the epitome of style at an affordable price, boasting five original SABAF gas burners that provide up to +5,200 BTUs for maximum power on your cooking tasks all day long.
- The 5 highly advanced World Class made in Italy SABAF burner gas cooktops also feature one of the latest flame failure thermocouples auto shut-off protection technology which reduces the risk of potential damage or fire if a problem ever arises with your radiant cooking device!
Some Tips for Choose the Best Gas Cooktops with Downdrafts
For some cooks, there’s no better tool than gas. It’s fast heating and responsive, the way that you always wanted electricity to be. The downsides are that it can be very dirty (gas stoves need hoods), and if you’re out of town for any length of time, your stove is useless. Add in all the new safety regulations on ventless cooktops, and even cooking with natural gas isn’t as simple as it used to be. A good gas cooktop with downdraft is a great addition to any kitchen though, even if doesn’t do everything by itself like some modern appliances think they should do. Here are some tips for choosing just the right one for your home.
As with most appliance options these days, it’s possible to get a quality gas cooktop at an affordable price. You can find units that provide great features for less than $2,000 and the top-of-the-line downdrafts can be purchased for under $5,000.
Ease of Use
The best gas cooktops with downdrafts are going to be easy for you to use. That means that they should have a good selection of features, a clear layout, and an intuitive design. Also, it’s important that the controls respond quickly to your touch so there’s no lag between pushing the buttons and having something actually happen on the stovetop itself. You don’t want to overcook your food or even worse, get distracted by something else while cooking and accidentally burn your food.
Do you need perfection in every aspect of your life? If so, then this might not be the section of the article for you because most people will not get perfection out of their appliances. It can make some compromises to get the best gas cooktops with downdraft, so you’ll have to decide whether or not that’s something that you’re willing to settle for.
Be sure to consider the BTU range when you’re shopping for your cooktop. If the upper end of the range is too low, you won’t be able to get a high-temperature sear on some foods, and if it’s too high then you’ll end up with overcooked food or even worse burned food. You can do fine with something that has around 10,000 BTUs at the highest level, but cooking with anything lower than 6,000 BTUs might leave some things undercooked unless they are cooked slowly over long periods of time.
The best gas cooktops with downdrafts provide at least five burners plus grates or other features so that different parts of the stovetop have different heat levels. Also, keep in mind that many of the gas cooktops with downdrafts are going to come with features like dual-stacked burners which provide very high heat levels for cooking things like boiling water quickly or searing meat. To get other kinds of features, you may need to pay more money, so be sure to consider your needs before deciding on a particular stovetop model.
You might say that there’s no such thing as brand loyalty when it comes to appliances because everyone just thinks about function rather than style and brand image, but the brand does exist even if not all people choose their appliances based on what they think about the company behind them. The top brands include Dacor, GE, Wolf, Jenn-Air, and Thermador.
It might seem like it’s getting easier to find appliances that do only one thing and only very well these days, but there are still options out there for versatile stovetops. Fortunately, they’re usually available at a higher price point than single-function devices. If having an appliance that provides more bang for your buck appeals to you, then make sure you consider all of your options before making up your mind about which unit is right for your home.
The best gas cooktops with downdrafts do need to be obnoxiously loud, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are silent either. You can of course get a range hood that is very quiet, but you’ll have to be willing to spend some extra money on the more advanced models with higher price tags. Models for average budgets might end up being more noise than you want to deal with in your kitchen.
As with any major purchase, it’s important that you take a look at what other customers have said about their experiences using different gas cooktops. Unfortunately, reading reviews won’t help if people don’t know what they’re talking about or have unrealistic expectations for their appliances. You can still use those reviews as a way to identify the good qualities out there so you don’t miss out on quality products.
How to Remove Downdraft Gas Cooktop
We know you want to keep your kitchen cool while cooking and we’ve found the best gas cooktop with downdraft for this. The downdraft system creates an updraft that pulls hot air from the stove and vents it outside of your home, creating a cooler environment in which to cook.
Now that you know more about the benefits of a gas cooktop with downdraft, let’s take a look at some great options to consider. Whether it is your first time shopping for an upgrade or you are looking to replace one old stovetop, our list should help narrow down all of your choices and make the process easier.
Which brands have caught your eye? Are there any features, in particular, that stand out as must-haves on your new kitchen appliance? As always, feel free to reach out if we can be of assistance!