The best flat top griddle is a kitchen tool that can be used in many ways, from cooking pancakes and eggs to searing steaks. There are many types of flat top griddles on the market, including traditional cast iron ones and stainless steel options.
A flat top griddle is a wonderful addition to any home. It makes cooking breakfast, lunch, or dinner easier and faster than ever before. A great feature of flat top griddles is that they are very easy to clean up after you’re done with them. Flat top griddles have been around for years but some are better than others so we’ve put together this list of the best flat top grills on the market today!
When shopping for one, there are several things that should be considered; the size of the unit, the type of stovetop it will work on (gas or electric), and if it has any special features like adjustable cooking temperatures. Once all these factors are taken into consideration, along with a few others including price point and design style, then you’re ready to purchase your new cooking companion!
In this article, we will discuss why you should invest in a good quality flat top griddle for your home and which type would suit your needs best. We’ll also go over some basic care instructions so you get the most out of your new purchase!
- List Of 12 Best Flat Top Griddle Reviews
- 1. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- 2. Camp Chef Flat Top Griddle
- 3. XtremepowerUS 95530 Premium Flat Top Griddle
- 4. Minneer Flat Top Griddle
- 5. Happybuy Stainless Steel Flat Top Griddle
- 6. ALDKitchen Flat Top Griddle
- 7. VEVOR Flat Top Griddle Grill & Propane Fueled 2 Burners
- 8. Generic HEAVY DUTY 35” Wide Stainless Steel Flat Top TRIPLE Griddle
- 9. HOMENOTE Stainless Steel Griddle
- 10. CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Flat Top Gas Griddle
- 11.CUKOR Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop
- 12. Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch 4-Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle
- What Do You Look for in the Best Flat Top Griddle?
- How To Grill on a Flat Top
- Frequently Asked Questions
List Of 12 Best Flat Top Griddle Reviews
1. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- Unique and compact, this 15 sq. in. cooking surface is great for single or double family cooked meals, easy clean up and storage! Perfect for apartment living where space is limited, everyone can enjoy the outdoors with Blackstone!
- Blackstone Gas Grills feature a stainless steel burner box that creates evenly distributed heat instantly when you light the grill. Sure-grip twin handles provide protection when moving from one place to another. More high BTUs mean faster preheating time for greater convenience on your schedule
- This propane gas grill has four independently controlled burners with a total of 60, 000 BTUs to cook both small or large servings with controlable heat zones that can range from low to high – making this the versatile all-purpose grill you need!
- The Blackstone 4 Burner Gas Grill is perfect for any kitchen or professional restaurant. With front and rear infrared stainless steel burners, an easy-clean porcelain coated cooking grate, ergonomic full-handles and wheels for maneuverability on different surfaces.
- This grill also includes two side shelves, a bottom shelf which doubles as a table top when not using it’s grilling service, storage drawer underneath right side shelf space where propane tank can be stored in an out of site manner.
2. Camp Chef Flat Top Griddle
- Cook your eggs on the griddle at its hottest temperature or use it as a flat top for steak! The grill features four, 12,000 BTU burners which are lit by their Matchless ignition system so you can easily start cooking with no hassle.
- Grease management makes this fryer perfect for any restaurant! Non-stick coating means that food doesn’t stick to cooking surface and easy disposal of grease is possible with optional catch bucket included in this package.
- The Camp Chef Flat Top Grill includes everything you need to prepare many types of foods outdoors-and with style! From easy clean up to even cooking temperatures throughout the grill grates and true seasoned surfaces that are ready for use immediately out of the box this versatile outdoor cooker can handle any dish that you throw at it.
- The Camp Chef Flat Top Grill is never boring. With its basic griddle for cooking pancakes, biscuit, bacon, French toast & more; this camp-style grill has the space to turn out American classics like steak or kebabs.
- The XtremepowerUS 95530 Premium 32″ x 17″ Flat Top Griddle is the ultimate grilling solution. It’s ideal for any occasion, large or small. All your favorite food can be prepared to perfection on this heavy duty stainless steel flat top griddle that has a cooking area of 32″x 17″. No need for double burner stand because our grill conveniently fits over two burners without taking up much space at all.
- This heavy duty grill lets the cook do their work with simple convenience. The fan-assisted heating and grease well keep you free of messy spills and unpleasant odors. So ditch the unhealthy methods and find sweet grilling relief in this easy to set up griddle!
- This griddle includes a grease well/channel with a drain hole, giving you the convenience of removing all that excess fat from your meal without even having to lift it off the burner. We are confident that this will be one of the most versatile affordable items in your cookware collection.
4. Minneer Flat Top Griddle
- The Minneer Flat Top Griddle 32″ x 18″ 100% Plancha Comal BBQ Tray with Even Heat is the easiest to clean and most professional grill. The grill has a 1/8 inch heavy, full steel composition for high corrosion and wear resistance for tasty food every time. The groove design catches grease/oil and allows for easy cleaning while maintaining its stick-free cooking non-stick surface.
- There’s also integral handles which make carrying the grill much easier and more durable than before as well as cross supports that allow even heat distribution at all times without frying your dish from one side or another. The grill can be used no matter where because of its universal application features across techniques.
- This wide and flat griddle is perfect for cooking tasty burgers, pancakes, French toast or pizza. Its sturdy construction and high-quality material make it heat evenly and clean easily. This 32″ x 18″ 100% Plancha Comal BBQ Tray with Even Heat lets you cook all your favorite dishes in a single pan rather than under the broiler or stove top giving you an even temperature throughout.
- Minnyer flat top grill is perfect for cooking anything from pancakes to vegetables. This professional grade utensil is made of 100% high quality heavy steel with groove design, it’s easy clean surface for non-stick cooking making your grilling experience all the more enjoyable. Promotes even heating while securely holding onto hot foods while its longer handle allows you to cook larger items without worrying about dropping them on your feet or rolling them off the grate.
- The Happybuy stainless steel flat top griddle is made of high-quality, durable stainless steel. It stands up for a longer working time and it’s easy to clean with the grease groove at the front. The size is great for cooking different foods or even for having two types of food on there at once. With an oil drainage hole this product will make cleanup a snap!
- The best flat top griddle is a must-have for every chef. Whether you are camping, tailgating or just need a griddle that can cook your breakfast all at once, there is no better option than ours. The 41”x25 1/2″ steel surface allows for up to eight portions of food to be cooked at the same time and this heavy duty non-stick enamel will provide years of use.
- The grease groove collects oil while the draining hole tidies up easily after you’re done with dinner cooking. Plus, it resists high temperatures and is durable enough for an extended lifetime of use!
- It has handles on two sides for easy transport and is specially designed with raised edges to keep food in its place when flipping or turning it during the cooking process. The shovels are also perfect for quick cleanup after meals.
6. ALDKitchen Flat Top Griddle
- The ALDKitchen Teppanyaki Grill with Single Thermostat is great for indoor and outdoor cooking. The reversible pan has a grooved side and a flat side, so you can get either “grill marks” on your food or the even heat of an oil-less frying surface. While it gets hot enough to fry shrimp and steak quickly, there’s no need for added fats.
- The cast aluminum plate heats evenly across the surface while silicone feet help control how far grilling goes up the sides of the pan…in case some foods like chicken need to be cooked more thoroughly than others.
- The ALDKitchen Griddle with Single Thermostat is the ultimate year-round griddle made for cooking all of your meat, vegetable, and seafood favorites. This carefully calibrated kitchen tool provides even frying on either of its interchangeable flat or grooved surfaces.
- Created from quality materials for durability and easy cleanups after use, you’ll appreciate this nonstick surface that allows for quick and mess-free cleanup. With a reversible pan that lets you have steakhouse style grill marks and the capacity to cook food over a single high flame easily without any burn spots.
7. VEVOR Flat Top Griddle Grill & Propane Fueled 2 Burners
- Ideal for camping or tailgating, the Flat Top Griddle Grill & Propane Fueled 2 Burners Stove Stainless Steel is long-lasting and includes adjustable burners. This stainless steel flat top grill griddle is durable, sturdy, and has no harm to health while resisting high temperatures! The removable legs make it convenient for transport or storage. The professional-styled burner produces an astounding 150 million BTUs of power which can also be used to boil water and cook food.
- This best flat top griddle is made of high quality stainless steel, has a durable cast iron stove, and is equipped with 2 burners that have an output of 150,000 BTUs each. It may be just what you need to cook everything from eggs to filets mignon on a professionally constructed grill in your backyard.
- Constructed from stainless steel and cast iron metal for eco-friendly use over time! Supports up to 500 pounds so no worries about cooking too much food or melting handles with direct flame contact.
- The flat top griddle grill is perfect for any event where you need to cook large amounts of food quickly. The high backsplash protects food and grease from falling on the ground while the deep groove collects any dripped grease. Strong carrying handles make it easy to transport while its removable legs make storage simple.
8. Generic HEAVY DUTY 35” Wide Stainless Steel Flat Top TRIPLE Griddle
- With a 16 gauge heavy duty stainless steel griddle that heats quickly and evenly across its surface, your food will always be fully cooked and flavorfully greased with oils/fats that would normally pool in small crevices or drip into an end piece of bacon. Designed with a built-in groove design to catch grease from spills.
- The Heavy Duty 35” Wide Stainless Steel Flat Top TRIPLE Griddle Grill Plancha Cook from the Hearth and Home collection is made from heavy-duty stainless steel for a sleek, classic look. The grill has a groove design to catch and dispose grease/oil while you restore decadent flavors on your prized dishes. Its griddle fits perfectly over triple burner stand for the most even heat distribution.
- The triple burner stand diffuses the heat so evenly on this Heavy Duty 35” Wide Stainless Steel Flat Top TRIPLE Griddle Grill Plancha Cook that it’ll be easy to perfect the best eggs, pancakes, crepes, steak or vegetables. The grooved griddles are stainless steel and designed for easy draining of oil due to dishes catching in them while cooking.
9. HOMENOTE Stainless Steel Griddle
- The 21.7-in x 10.8-in cooking space is ideal for steaks, fish, bacon pancakes and more! The large surface area ensures even heat distribution with less flare ups than smaller griddles or flat top griddles on market today.
- This Heavy Duty Hibachi Flat Top Griddle makes restaurant quality meals at home with ease thanks to the super durable 100% extra thick stainless steel construction that’s guaranteed not be deformed under high heat (up to 600°F), easy cleanup process, dishwasher safe material, multi functional design (grates can be used on any stovetop or surface!
- The extra wide cooking surface ensures even heat distribution with no hot-spots, which dramatically increases efficiency. It is easy to convert from a flat top gristmill to a grill, too! This dishwasher safe stainless steel griddle also comes with a detachable grease well. This heavy duty griddler is made of 100% extra thick stainless steel for complete durability and not easily deformed under high temperature up to 450°F.
- Simply scrape the surface while it’s hot, then clean up is taken care of thanks to built-in removable grease catcher that reduces any stress from messy cleanups after cooking. The handles are solid and 6.1” in length for anyone who needs an easy way to remove griddle plate at anytime without much fuss. 1 inch sidewalls prevent flaring if needed so you can enjoy your meal without having to stop every few minutes because of pesky flare ups!
10. CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Flat Top Gas Griddle
- Non-stick enamel griddle surface means that your food isn’t just seared in oil and grease for you! The non-porous enamel will not bake food residue into the surface like cast iron, which can be a hassle to clean, but is great for cooking on because of its heat retention ability
- 190 Square Inches provides plenty of space to cook breakfast at home quickly with amazing pancakes and bacon. And the 179 square inches of the Grill area let’s you sautee asparagus or steak as well as grill up some chicken or potatoes!
- This gas griddle and flat top grill has standard international cooking area of 179 sq. In. for the grill and 190 sq. In. for the griddle, perfect size for 2-3 people to cook with it as needed. It’s got electronic ignition system which offers a reliable spark at every use as well as 11,000 BTU per burner (2) which heats quickly over the entire surface of the cooking section giving you fast enjoyment of outdoor life without hassle!
- The CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Gas Griddle is a compact and versatile outdoor cooking option that’s perfect for camping, hunting, or backyard barbecuing.
- This model also features heavy gauge aluminum construction to resist rusting so it will last from season to season with UV stabilizers to absorb exterior sun exposure. All of this means you’ll have no problem preparing tasty food no matter where your adventures take you!
11.CUKOR Flat Top Griddle for Stovetop
- The Camping Griddle from Jacobsen Brands is a must-have camping essential. It makes cooking outdoors easy and fun, whether it’s for your family, friends, or at a party. The two burner griddle has a convenient nonstick coating that makes cooking food easier and the installation/storage bag will help you transport this outdoor kitchen staple with ease!
- Lightweight and dishwasher safe, you will never go without having this asset on hand again. This 14‼”x8√6″ flat top griddle is perfect for indoor or outdoor kitchens or campfires.
- The Camping Griddle has heat resistant handles that are designed to withstand high heat, making it easy to carry while still being comfortable enough to use without oven mitts. With three different burner sizes-a 10√12″ surface on each side of the product-you can cook any meal under the sun using all of its 9 square inches
- It is made out of heavy-duty stainless steel with a non-stick coating that promises to be easy to clean up. The pan has the dimensions of 26″ x 12 1/2″ x 2 3/8″. You can read our warranty information be sure it is perfect for you before you make any decisions on whether or not this flat top griddle is right for you!
12. Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch 4-Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle
- The Royal Gourmet GB4000 36-inch 4-Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Grill Griddle is perfect for any kitchen. With 784 square inches of cooking area and a gloss ceramic griddle top to ensure quick heat up, this propane gas grill and griddle combo is perfect not only for grilling, but also for searing and pan frying as well.
- Not to mention it comes with four independently controlled stainless steel tube burners to provide 13, 0/00 BTUs of power in total-perfect when catering events or feeding crowds quickly. This exquisite piece also sports an easy start electronic ignition system that always provides a reliable spark at every push button press!
- With its sturdy frame and high capacity, you’ll never run out of room to prepare the BBQ staples like hamburgers, steaks or potatoes. Count on 36″ long x 21 7/8″ wide cooking surface that accommodates up to 784 square inches of space, with a gloss ceramic coated gretime top delivering quick heat-up and cool-down. The powerful heating system provides 4 independently controlled stainless steel tube burners and 52 000 BTUs in total power (13 000 per burner).
- This Royal Gourmet grill has all the upgrades, including 4-rolling wheels for extreme versatility. The flat top makes grilling a breeze while still allowing you to cook smoky ribs without changing surfaces.
What Do You Look for in the Best Flat Top Griddle?
When looking for the best flat top griddle, look for how easy it is to clean. The material that the griddle is made of must be durable enough but also make sure it’s easy to clean up. Look closely at how well the heat transfers from the bottom of the pan onto the surface area of the pan. It works much better when there are ridges or raised parts instead of smooth because you need something to help transfer all that heat evenly throughout the pan so your food cooks more evenly and doesn’t burn on one side and raw on another.
A good grease run-off helps with cleaning too by not having a thick build-up and making it hard to remove excess grease and oil. If you can find a grease trough with a lip around the edge to hold in most of that grease and oil, then that’s even better than just having a smooth surface. If you cook eggs especially sunny side up or over easy then look for a thicker steel griddle with heat-resistant rubber grips on the bottom so they don’t slide off when you’re trying to flip them.
Material is a big factor in what makes the best flat top griddle. This is why cast iron and porcelain are popular materials because of how durable they are. A thin or cheaply made material will warp after the first time you put it to overheat on your stove, making it useless to use. Cast Iron pans are extremely heavy which isn’t ideal for some people who have back issues or arthritis were putting something that heavy may not be possible for them. Porcelain-coated cast iron pans are lighter but still pretty heavy compared to other metals like aluminum. If you burn food onto the surface of these pans, they’re almost impossible to get off unless you get a special cleaner for cast iron skillets which can get expensive.
Next, look at the cooking area. How many square inches is it? You want to make sure there is plenty of room for what you want to use it for. If you are using this for home use then a 12-inch by 20-inch griddle should be enough but if you are looking to use it in a commercial setting, which would include camping, fishing, hunting or tailgating then a larger two burner cast iron griddle might be more appropriate.
The surface area of the pan can make a huge difference when it comes to cooking different foods and how hot the griddle gets, and how evenly it cooks and holds heat. The size of your actual cooking area will determine how many pancakes or pieces of bacon you can cook at once since this is mostly what we use them for. But if you want to do grilled cheese sandwiches then look for something around 12-inches by 20-inches. If you’re looking to do larger steaks or pork chops then look for something around 18 inches by 24 inches
The design of the griddle is important so look for something that will sit level on your electric stove or fire pit. You want to make sure it’s not tilting one way or another because this can cause uneven cooking and some foods not getting done properly if they are sitting in an area where most of the heat isn’t even reaching them. The stability of the legs, how far apart they are from each other, and if there is an extra support bar between them also comes into play with the best flat top griddles.
The size that you need depends on what you plan on using it for but choose a material that won’t warp over time and doesn’t rust easily since you will be cooking outside with this thing. If you are looking for an outdoor griddle then I would recommend something made of aluminum since it won’t rust. Stainless steel is pretty durable but doesn’t cook as evenly or hold heat well so it really depends on what food you plan to prepare outside with the best flat top griddle and that will help determine what material works best.
You will want to choose a griddle that is pre-seasoned, especially if you are looking for the best cast iron flat top griddle. This means it’s ready to go and all you have to do is wash it down with hot water and dry it off and you’re ready to cook! Some of these come already fully seasoned but just double check before buying one because some brands do not season them at all so then they would need proper seasoning once purchased.
Look for the best flat top griddle that has multiple uses. The best one will be able to go from stove-top cooking to oven use and even better if it can also be used on an open flame like a gas burner, hibachi, or grill outside. This helps with clean-up because you might not always have access to running water so this helps prevent rust build-up. It’s always good to have more than one way of using something, especially when camping or during emergencies were carrying around several pans would be impractical.
Make sure you look for how easy it is to maintain your new griddle by checking out the kind of surface finish it has. You want something that doesn’t retain too much grease and oil, has ridges to allow heat water, and airflow underneath the griddle (those aren’t completely necessary but help with cooking time), and make sure it’s not too smooth.
You don’t want anything that would require sanding or heavy scrubbing, especially if you are using cast iron because too much sanding can damage its integrity leading to rust. As long as you follow some basic guidelines for oiling your new pan before first use then it should be fine, just keep an eye on any rust spots that might form. If there is an excess build-up of grease or food particles then just soak it in warm soapy water, being careful not to submerge the entire piece at once.
Mobility and Durability
Some of these griddles and flat tops come with carrying cases which can be helpful if you need to transport them. Also, consider how easy it is to move the griddle around by looking at its shape and weight. If you get a cast iron one then it will obviously be heavier than aluminum alloy or stainless steel so look for ones that have handles that are sturdy enough for their size because some lack reinforcements in the right areas to hold up during heavy use, especially outdoors. You want something that can last through a lot of wear and tear but doesn’t take up too much space when stored away in between uses.
The best price will depend a lot on what brand it is, where you buy from, and what type of griddle and flat top you want. If you’re looking for a versatile model that’s not too big then an 18-inch by 26-inch cast iron is perfect and under $200.00 on Amazon.com but if it’s something large like a commercial-grade then expect to pay closer to $500 or more online or in your local camping store depending on its features and quality so do your research before buying one. If you are only going for home use then save some money by choosing a smaller size at around ten inches for around $40 -$60 so it doesn’t take up much space when stored away in a cabinet or pantry.
How To Grill on a Flat Top
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is good about a flat top grill?
Flat top grills have a flat surface that will not cause flames to unevenly distribute heat. They let you cook anything from steaks and burgers, all the way down to grilled vegetables or pancakes because they give a nice even distribution of cooking area coverage with no flare-ups!
2. Do you have to season a griddle every time?
A good way to re-season your griddle is with a dry cleaning kit. Simply turn on all burners and let them heat up for 1 hour, then remove any burned residue from previous use before applying fresh oil or seasoning as desired!
In general, you should apply more frequent care if using it daily; however, this varies depending upon how often one uses their grill(s). If food starts getting stuck after cooking time has passed – this could mean they need tending too so make sure not to miss out by giving them an extra thorough cleanse now and again even when going easy does seem sufficient enough at first glance.
3. What is the difference between a griddle and a flat top?
The difference between a griddle and flat top range is like night and day. The bottom of the frying pan gets hot because it’s running through an element that goes all along its length, but with round elements on both sides as well. This type of stovetop has many advantages; one advantage is how simple they are to clean!
4. Can you use vinegar to clean a griddle?
Wipe down the griddle with a rag to remove any residue and apply small concentric circles until you have polished it. Scrape off into an appropriate receptacle, then wash your hands!
5. How do I make my flat top grill shiny?
Thorough dishwashing with a sponge is the traditional way to clean your kitchen flat top grill. Just pour some dishwashing liquid on it and scrub away! You can also take this same technique one step further by cleaning without using any chemicals at all if needed, which will save time in between cleansings of course!
The best flat top griddle is the one that meets your needs. In order to find it, you need to think about what type of stovetop you have and how much space there will be in your kitchen for a new appliance. Once you’ve addressed those two important factors, then consider price point and design style before making a purchase decision. We can help you determine which unit would work best for your home or office by giving more information on each product.
We’ve put together this list of the best 10 flat top grills on the market today! Whether you are looking for a grill that is great for making breakfast, lunch, or dinner; one with a large cooking surface area; has induction heat technology to quickly cook your food evenly and thoroughly, we have something here for everyone.
We’ve provided the best flat top griddle reviews to help you pick which one is right for your needs. Whether it be traditional cast iron or stainless steel, we hope that these articles have been useful in helping narrow down your choices and making a decision on what type of surface will work best for you.