A cast iron griddle is a great kitchen tool for cooking eggs, pancakes, bacon, or other foods. It can be used on the stovetop or in the oven and will last you years if properly taken care of. The best cast iron griddles are made from materials such as stainless steel and aluminum which offer excellent heat conduction along with durability. A good choice should also have a heavy base to ensure it doesn’t move around while cooking. Consider these factors when choosing an item that will stand up to many uses over time! This article explores how to choose one that’s right for your needs!
A cast iron griddle is a great way to cook up tasty treats for you and your family. It provides even heat distribution, which means that the surface temperature is going to be hot enough for making pancakes or eggs but not so high as to burn it. The best cast iron griddles are smooth on one side and ridged on the other, which makes them perfect for cooking eggs, steak, or French toast!
There are many different types of cast iron available on the market so you should choose carefully when shopping around for one. This post is going to give you information about some of the best choices on the market as well as how to take care of your new item after purchase!
- What is a Cast Iron Griddle?
- List Of 13 Best Cast Iron Griddle Reviews
- 1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle
- 2. Camp Chef Reversible Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Griddle
- 3. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle With Handles
- 4. Crucible Cast Iron Griddle
- 5. HeroFiber Cast Iron Griddle
- 6. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
- 7.Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan
- 8. 1-Piece 16.50 Inch Cast Iron Griddle Plate
- 9. Backcountry Cast Iron Skillet Large Reversible Grill/Griddle
- 10. Cuisinart CCP-1000, Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- 11. Amazon Basics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle
- 12. Commercial Chef Round Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- 13. MGKKT 10.6 inch Cast Iron Griddle Plate
- Features to Consider When Choosing a Cast Iron Griddle
- How to Cook on a Cast Iron Griddle
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Cast Iron Griddle?
A cast iron griddle is a grill with ridges and flat sections on the side, which you heat to cook food. The flat sections are used as a stovetop, and the ridges sizzle your food so you get those delicious crispy edges without propane or charcoal.
Griddles come in various shapes and sizes, but always have the same basic components: A base where you pour in the oil and sometimes water to prevent sticking; two long handles that keep your hands away from hot metal; and a lip around the outside that keeps grease splatters contained. Many griddles also have an additional lip near one of the long sides that supports tall pots or pans (like when cooking pancakes for example).
List Of 13 Best Cast Iron Griddle Reviews
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Measuring 16.75 inches across, this cooking surface will fit over two stovetop burners and leaves plenty of room for those looking to save space in their kitchen. With dual handles for great control and unrivaled heat retention and even heating, you’ll be able to sear your meat, bake your potatoes or cornbread, broil thin cuts as necessary or fry up a batch of chicken tenders without any hassle at all!
- With Lodge’s pre-seasoned, reversible grill/griddle you can use one versatile dish to cook up an array of dishes. The cast iron trivet fits over two stovetop burners, giving the user the opportunity to sear, bake, broil or fry using multiple methods.
- With its sleek black design and dual handles, this reversible cast iron griddle is the perfect solution to preparing scrumptious breakfast foods and more. The Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron is ready for use right out of the box with 1% natural vegetable oil providing you with unparalleled heat retention and even heating. Be creative in using your new grill/griddle; it can be used to sear, bake broil, fry, or grill different foods.
2. Camp Chef Reversible Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Griddle
- The Camp Chef Reversible Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Griddle is a true 2-in-1 combo grilling and griddling surface that saves time! Thanks to its 16″ x 24″ cooking surface, this best cast iron griddle combos turns your camp stove into a 2 in 1 appliance with the reversible pre-seasoned cast iron cooking surface.
- Double sided for convenience, this grill is out of the box ready to cook in seconds. Molded on handles provide ergonomic gripping when moving it from one side of the stove top to another or possibly across rough terrain while camping, providing a safe transfer every time.
- True Seasoned Finish cast iron grill/griddle holds the heat and sears meat to cook better. Cooks food evenly so you can front load your down time – cooking a delicious meal is worth every moment! Cast iron grilling ridges allow you to grill like on a BBQ.
3. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle With Handles
- Modernize your kitchen with the Lodge Reversible Grill/Griddle which has a large reversible cooking plate, perfect for making stir fry or flipping burgers. With handles on both sides and durable cast iron steel construction, the grill is dishwasher safe and perfect for families that love to cook outdoors (camping!). The pre-seasoned surface means you don’t have to spend precious time before every meal sprucing up the grilling surface. It’s easy – just wash it by hand after use!
- Cast Iron construction of this product offers two 20″ x 10.5″ of heat resistant cooking surface designed especially for cooking meats like soups or sauces on one side while.
- With oven-safe temperatures up to 500°F, you can use it during all of your current kitchen needs including frying bacon and scrambling eggs in a skillet barely even bigger than most people’s plates!
- With its dual-use ability – one side is a grill, the other a griddle – this is truly the kitchen wonder. Ideal for family cooking with enough space to cook everything from bacon and eggs to hamburgers. The lid will help keep your cooked food hot while you cook on the other end. Cooktop compatibility includes many different types of surfaces – microwave friendly too!
4. Crucible Cast Iron Griddle
- Cast Iron Griddle not only promises quality construction, but durability as well. Cast Iron is naturally non-stick so you won’t have to worry about food getting stuck on the griddle! It’s also designed with high heat tolerance which makes it perfect for even the most heavy duty tasks. Finally, Cast Iron adds a distinctive smoky flavor to foods cooked on it. If that sounds good, then this product may be just what you are looking for!
- The best cast iron griddle is a great addition to any kitchen as it can be used for everything from grilling sandwiches to cooking eggs and pancakes. Cast Iron is an excellent material for cooking because of its even heating capabilities, making the grill perfect for more delicate dishes like fried eggs or omelettes!
- It’s reversible and has a flat surface and ribbed side meaning this dish will satisfy your family no matter what they want whether they want hamburgers on the grill or grilled cheese sandwiches. Because this item heats up quickly, you’ll find that cleanup is relatively simple too! You don’t have to worry about bulky stoves with multiple burners-this cast iron pan will fit over 2 stovetops.
5. HeroFiber Cast Iron Griddle
- The reversible cast iron griddle with accessories is versatile and durable. Cook meats, vegetables, pancakes or anything else perfectly!
- Featuring “two-sided” cooking surface, this pan is perfect for flipping bacon without using a spatula. The griddle side has deep slanted sides so you won’t have to worry about that pesky grease spilling onto your stovetop or kitchen counter. With a reversible design that also includes a flat grill, the possibilities are endless.
- Makes pancakes and griddled french toast perfect every time with just one smooth turn of the wrist. This cozy utensil will quickly become an indispensable utensil in your home!
- The Cast Iron Grill Press and Grill Pan Scraper Combo makes grilling easier, faster, and healthier. Stop waiting for food to cook when you can press the unwanted excess fat away with the use of a Cast Iron Grill Press- all while serving up healthier grilled foods.
6. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
- The legend of cast iron’s toughness and versatility was born in the 1830s, just as an Industrial Revolution spread across America and Europe. These lightweight and durable materials were made to last for generations and helped pioneer the modern kitchen with its hardy, dual-use pans – sear meats until golden brown perfection on one side, then flip it over to bake scones or cornbread.
- Cast from premium-grade steel and solid iron materials that are triple-coated for a smooth, scratch-free finish so you can confidently take this ancient pan straight from grill heats to oven heat without worry of cracking down the line.
- Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop is a two-in-one reversible BBQ accessory. It’s a durable cast iron 20 inch grill and griddle that works great with all types of heat sources. This product has been around for decades, starting as a coal cooker in the 1930s. It features comfortable grips and an easy-to-clean smooth surface.
- The extra-thick and solid cast iron is pre-seasoned in the factory before being ready for your kitchen. A few years of cooking will transform it from a basic skillet into a seasoned masterpiece that performs better with every use. So say goodbye to thin, flimsy pans that warp or even crack after just a few uses.
7.Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan
- For all your outdoor cooking needs, Lodge has the answer. Their cast iron grill pan is oven safe and ready to use on any type of heat source you can think of. Not just for grilling outside though – try frying up some eggs in it in the dead of winter when stove space is at a premium! Made in America with professional catering grade seasoning, you know this product will provide years of safe service.
- Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan: for all of your frying, sautéing and grilling needs. Heavy duty construction lends durability to this exquisitely high-quality product. A cast iron pan at its finest; ready to use upon purchase thanks to a pretreatment process that lasts the lifetime of the pan (and then some).
- The 10½ inch square size is perfect for cooking enough fries for two people. Just like your grandma’s old time skillet, Lodge Cast Iron Pans are an economical way to keep dinner on the table or pack up camp with cooked breakfast eggs or fried bacon and sausage cooked using natural fire energy.
- With a custom design from lodge, the cast-iron grill pan is a new addition to your collection! The perfect all-inclusive grilling accessory, this specially made item fits on any stovetop or fire. It catches every ounce of dripping flavor while absorbing heat to create some seriously delicious food that you’ll think about for days. Cool enough to be safely placed in an oven and get more bang for your buck with its versatility.
8. 1-Piece 16.50 Inch Cast Iron Griddle Plate
- It can be used to slow cook steaks, chicken, or pancakes and bacon and eggs. Polished manually by experts to provide you the finest quality product on the market today!
- The best cast iron griddle plate is thicker and has better durability than most. Made from high-quality molten iron, this reversible pre-seasoned dishwasher safe plate is perfect for cooking an array of different dishes! Cast Iron’s immense thermal density makes it the ideal tool for slow cooking steaks or chicken that you get in a restaurant quality deliciousness.
- Not only does heating evenly make food taste amazing but it also cuts down on time because less of the surface area of your stovetop needs to be covered with food at one time! Plus, if given proper care; cast iron will not scratch or chemically react with your tasty creations, even cooking up acid and alkaline foods which leaves them toothless and without any residual flavors left
- Maintaining an even temperature throughout is critical when cooking. The cast iron griddle plate does just that! Made of beautiful cast iron, this 1-piece 16.5 inch griddle also uses its two handles to give you convenience when in transport. Whether it’s in your small home kitchen or outside at the grill, this product makes quality easy and is very stable during use with leveling feet on one side for stability while frying eggs, pancakes, bacon strips – whatever your heart desires.
9. Backcountry Cast Iron Skillet Large Reversible Grill/Griddle
- The large cast iron skillet 20×9″ is perfect for cooking everything from eggs to pizza. Made with rugged, durable materials and pre-seasoned, the skillet’s superior heat retention and nonstick surface delivers professional quality results.
- A large, well-sized tapered cast iron skillet with a reversible griddle. This size fits perfectly over your oven range or stovetop, making the perfect flat top grill. You can trust this heavy duty cast iron to be strong and tough on camp cooking surfaces as well!
- Cast iron’s even heating is ideal for any meal where you want a grilled flavor, restaurant quality searing, and teflon like non-stick properties when used with oils. Temp varies depending on what’s being cooked- from 200°F all the way up to 500°F.
- The large size is perfect for cooking anything that would require enough room to maneuver. The rugged cast iron makes it durable and dishwasher safe, plus the pre-seasoned surface means easy cleaning too!
- The reversible grill/griddle allows you to create unbelievable meals with evenly distributed heat, no matter which side of the pan is being used. It also makes clean up quick and hassle-free because its self-contained design cooks over both open flames or professional grade electric ranges (coil burners).
10. Cuisinart CCP-1000, Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- The Cuisinart cast iron griddle is the perfect way to get started on creating some tasty-looking meals anywhere. Whether you’re looking for some pre-seasoned, cast iron goodness or are in need of a new cooking opporutnity, this sturdy piece offers versatility with its ability to be used indoors and outdoors while retaining heat cheaply. With 10 inches of cooking space available on both sides, it can accommodate anything from grilled cheese sandwiches and eggs sunny side up to roasted vegetables and cobblers!
- With a 10″ cast-iron cooking surface, the Cuisinart’s Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle is perfect for those looking to enjoy all types of meals from roasted vegetables to cobblers! Its pre-seasoned coating creates a non grill cookware that is easy to clean up after and also allows the user to season their own product.
- The Cuisinart CCP-1000 is a 10″ cast iron pan with a pre-seasoned surface for quick and easy cooking of any type of meal. The cast iron heats evenly and retains heat to seal in moisture, so you can enjoy mouth watering steaks or succulent vegetables all day long, without worrying about dry grilled meat or raw vegies. Nonstick guaranteed! With the ready-to-go seasoning on this Cuisinart griddle pan it’s perfect for brazing delicate filets mignon too.
11. Amazon Basics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle
- The Amazon Basics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle is perfect for all your grill and griddle needs. It’s pre-seasoned to prevent sticking, rusting, or food damage that can be caused by handling acidic foods or dishwashing detergents. The cast iron surface ensures uniform heating without hot spots, saving you time on maintenance!
- This cast iron reversible grill/griddle from Amazon Basics is a great addition to your kitchen. Whether you want to make pancakes one morning or fry up bacon for breakfast sandwiches, it has two sides with pre-seasoned surfaces that are oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The cast iron is perfect for even heat distribution and retention – because if it isn’t evenly heated, the food will taste too charred on the surface and undercooked in the middle! The dimensions of this product are 20 x 10.39 x 0.98 inches (LxWxH) so be sure not to forget about leaving room on your stovetop for a pan this size when grilling or cooking big foods like steaks or pork chops!
- Cook with ease on a reversible grill or griddle. Cast iron for even heat distribution and retention, pre-seasoned so they don’t have non-stick properties, hand wash.
12. Commercial Chef Round Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- The Commercial Chef Round Cast Iron Griddle Pan is heavy duty and durable. With one of these, you can cook up a storm every day! Create mouthwatering dishes your whole family will enjoy with these cast iron griddle skillets that are also versatile and nonstick making it easy to create delicious meals at home or for cooking on the go.
- Griddle pans are not just for breakfast anymore. Cook pancakes, eggs, bacon, and every other dish imaginable on these heavy-duty commercial chef griddles. The flat surface provides uniform cooking across the pan while its slightly raised edges make it easy to flip meat with a sturdy spatula.
- Cast Iron Griddles are durable with a nonstick surface, making these pans easy to use and clean! You’ll love the cooked bacon that won’t stick to your pan, the grilled cheese sandwich that isn’t going to stick on it’s inside edges, and most importantly-you will never have another grease fire! Cast Iron Griddles by Commercial Chef measure 8 inches in diameter, 10 inches in diameter, 12 inches in diameter. Round cast iron griddle skillets have been pre-seasoned so they’re ready to go from day one.
13. MGKKT 10.6 inch Cast Iron Griddle Plate
- One side features smooth cooking surfaces, which you can use to make anything from grilled cheese sandwiches to pancakes – no flipping required. But on the other side, surface ribbing give you irresistibly crispy results like searing salmon or grilling chicken kebabs – with only a little oil!
- Layer these versatile griddles over top of one another for an even more diverse culinary experience. Grill up burgers and steaks, then flip it over to cook carrots or fry eggs without ever having to dirty two pans!
- Now your favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner can be made in 20 minutes flat. Seasoned with 100% vegetable oil that leaves it with a great non-stick surface that will make clean up significantly easier. Comes with instructions on how to cook the perfect steak but goes equally well perfectly seared scallops grilled veggies and hearty breakfasts alike.
- The heavy duty metal handle makes both carrying and flipping easy while not adding extra spongy weight like some other brands do when they get so hot near the heating coils it transfers over onto your food negating all of your hard work getting it to just right on the griddle.
Features to Consider When Choosing a Cast Iron Griddle
A cast iron griddle is essential for your kitchen because it will serve several purposes. It’s perfect for cooking meals on the grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop. No matter where you use this versatile appliance, it always provides consistent results time after time. If you decide to invest in a cast-iron griddle, there are some features that you should consider before making your purchase.
1. Thickness and Material
The first thing to consider when buying a cast-iron griddle is its grate thickness and material. A good choice of grate thickness would be 3/8 of an inch; this is thick enough to provide even heat distribution while still remaining easy to lift with one hand since it’s not too heavy. In addition, its thickness will prevent the food from falling through it onto the floor when you turn or remove it. Also, avoid getting a cast-iron griddle that has a thin grate surface because this one is usually harder to clean and often results in poor heat distribution.
2. Side Handles
Another important thing to consider when choosing a cast-iron griddle is its side handles because not all of them have the same shape. Choose a model with ergonomically designed handles so you can comfortably pick up and move your griddle around whenever necessary without having to handle any hot surfaces. In addition, if they are coated with silicone grips, they won’t slip out of your hands when they get wet since this material has a non-slip effect.
The size of the griddle that you need depends on how many people you are cooking for and what kinds of meals you want to prepare. You can find smaller models with 24 inches in diameter, so they are perfect for cooking breakfast for 2 or 3 people, while larger ones measure between 32 and 36 inches, so they are ideal for preparing meals when 4 or more family members gather together.
Also, never underestimate the importance of choosing a large enough cast iron griddle because this will allow you not only to cook more food at one time but also to reach an even higher level of cooking skills since it offers better heat distribution than small units. Plus, if your model has two burners, you’ll have the option of cooking different meals at once.
4. Burner Location
Before making your purchase, be sure that the model you choose has a burner located in between the front and back legs so it doesn’t touch any part of your deck or countertop surface since this ensures better stability for your griddle.
5. Additional Features
There are some additional features that can come in handy but which aren’t compulsory to consider when buying a cast-iron griddle such as nonstick coating (this will make cleaning easier), attachments like top griddles (helpful to use if you need the extra room), or stove extenders (helpful if your burner isn’t big enough).
6. Bare Vs. Enameled
There are two types of cast-iron griddles available on the market: bare and enameled. The bare bones don’t have a coating so you’ll need to season them in order to avoid food from sticking to the surface while the enameled models come pre-coated with a special finish that won’t allow food from getting stuck when you cook but which will require extra care since this type of cast iron is much more delicate than its counterpart. In addition, never put an enameled cast-iron griddle in contact with water because it may cause damage to your unit.
Another important thing that you should consider when looking for the perfect cast-iron griddle is its weight because it affects your cooking experience in different ways. If you prefer to move your griddle around frequently then get one that weighs less than 10 lbs. because this will make it easier to pick up and carry since they are made of lighter materials.
On the other hand, if you love staying at home while cooking, choose a model with a heftier weight so you can rest assured knowing that your griddle won’t budge whenever necessary even if there’s a strong wind outside or two kids decide to play tag right next to it.
Even though a cast-iron griddle is a long-lasting investment, you’ll need to take good care of it so it can last for many years in your kitchen. The first thing that you should do when you get home with your new unit is to wash it with hot water and soap or scrub it gently with steel wool to remove the manufacturing residue.
In addition, never leave this kind of griddle in contact with water overnight because it may cause damage to its surface. If there are hard food particles stuck on your cooking surface after cooking, use a stiff brush to remove them but don’t use acidic cleaning products because they may corrode the metal and remove some of its protective coatings. Also, always make sure that you dry your cast-iron griddle before putting it away because moisture can also damage its materials.
9. Temperature Control
In order to heat up your cast-iron griddle, you have two options: on a gas or electric stovetop. In the case of the latter one, remember that this type of appliance works best with flat/smooth types of cooking surfaces so use a fat burner and not around one. On the other hand, if you have a gas range then opt for an adjustable knob since this will allow you to more precisely control your unit’s temperature so more than ever your dishes come out delicious and perfectly browned every single time.
When you finish cooking, never wash your cast-iron griddle with soap and water because this will damage its nonstick coating. Instead, wait for it to cool down completely, and then use a soft sponge or brush to scrape off any bits of leftover food. After that, all you need to do is wipe the surface using a damp cloth and pour some salt on it.
Next, rub the salt around with your hand until the griddle’s surface shines again, and then let it dry in a well-ventilated space overnight before putting it away. In addition, remember to season your cast-iron griddle once every month so as not to affect how evenly your unit cooks during future uses because the seasoning is simply rubbing oil into the iron which helps protect it from rust and food sticking.
Finally, always factor in your budget before making any purchase of new cooking equipment. The last thing you want is to spend all your savings on a griddle only to realize that it doesn’t fit your needs so carefully look at the different models available and check their prices before choosing one. Remember, even if you have a big budget, don’t go for the most expensive unit without being sure that it has exactly what will be helpful/necessary for your cooking purposes because there are many models out there that perform just as good as more expensive ones but which have lower prices.
How to Cook on a Cast Iron Griddle
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are cast iron griddles better?
The 10.5 inches wide cooking space is perfect for preparing large meals with your family or friends! You can cook anything you want, from pancakes to lasagna without sacrificing any of the food’s flavors due in part because this oven has excellent heat retention abilities which make baking much easier on everyone who comes over at meal time including people who might not know how their stove works yet.
2. Do cast iron griddles need to be seasoned?
The surface of the skillet is designed to develop a patina over time. When you use your cast iron skillets, each new layer that builds upon these pans will add an interesting dimension and special finish with every kitchen task!
3. How do you keep a cast iron griddle from sticking?
Add a teaspoon of oil to your skillet before cooking, and don’t forget about heating it on the stove or in an oven. Once you have cooked with this pan allow cooling then scrape off any stuck-on food using either nylon brush & hand dryer combo or one at a time for extra scrubbing power! Add some more olive oil afterward as well if needed by wiping away excess moisture from previous usages (like oils).
4. How do you clean a cast iron griddle?
Washing your cast iron cookware is a crucial step in making sure that it lasts for years. You can use soap or an SOS pad to remove food from the pan if needed, then Scrape off any stubborn stains with a scraper as soon as possible after washing has been completed so you don’t damage anything else!
5. What do you cook on a cast iron griddle?
A cast iron griddle is a great way to cook at home, especially if you’re looking for something that can do it all. The shallow edges of this piece give users easy access while cooking and flipping pancakes or french toast just takes some practice with the best spatulas in town!
A typical pancake made on an old-fashioned pan will have bubbles forming where there should be none because oil has spilled over onto one side during frying time by accident when trying too hard to flip another item nearby (or maybe even yours). But not so much problem here since these flat uncovered surfaces are designed specifically for sauces – no slopping needed!!
6. Can you cook a steak on a griddle?
The best way to cook a steak is medium-rare. If you want well-done, just keep cooking it until your desired doneness!
Makes sure the heat of your griddle or pan can reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit before placing steaks on top – this will help get rid of any toughness in meat that occurs due to animal abuse and torture during processing periods for beef products such as sirloin tip roasts. We recommend letting these sit 5-10 minutes before enjoying so they are still warm but not too hot anymore.
Cast iron griddles are an excellent investment for the kitchen. They offer versatility, durability, and can be used on both stovetops or in ovens. The best cast iron griddle is made from stainless steel or aluminum with a heavy base to ensure it doesn’t move around while cooking. Consider these factors when choosing one that’s right for your needs! We’re happy to help you find the perfect product by giving you some suggestions of what we think are the top-rated models out there today. We hope this article has helped answer questions about choosing the right product by giving insight into these factors!